Michelle Leah Olson's Reviews > Mended

Mended by Kim Karr

bookshelves: to-read, literal-addiction-books, reviewed

Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Vivacious Valkyrie - Marta:
*Copy gifted in exchange for an honest review

The third book in this series that features the lives and loves of those connected with the Wilde Ones rock band . It's finally the turn of manager Xander to step up and have his story told. He's a controlling guy who has been a constant presence in previous books and with this book the author starts to fill in all the blanks about just why he sometimes acts the way he does. This rock and roll lifestyle may not suit all but Xander was clearly born for it!
This story starts with a glimpse of a younger teenage Xander and Ivy the only woman that he has ever loved. Theirs is a poignant story of love lost when painful sacrifices were made but they are about to reconnect with a bang! Thrown back together Xander realises Ivy is desperately unhappy with her current circumstances . She's engaged to Damon Wolf but he's a man with many secrets and his checkered past is about to cause unrelenting misery for Xander.

Back on the road Xander finds it impossible to hide his feelings from Ivy but he realises that his past mistakes make it difficult for her to trust him again. Ivy struggles to ignore her feelings for Xander but sometimes it's impossible not to reach out and grab at happiness. For Xander there is no doubt that Ivy should be with him but Damon Wolf clearly has other ideas and he's not a man to let go easily!

This story is set in a rock and roll world that will appeal to many readers. A wild lifestyle that many aspire to but seldom attain. These characters travel constantly and maintaining relationships is never an easy thing to do. Xander is a guy who strongly feels he should protect those he cares about and by doing so he has previously made choices that have hurt both himself and Ivy .i thoroughly enjoyed the insight into his younger self and how he felt about Ivy but didn't really understand all his previous actions. Its a storyline that has a lot going on and it's quite a convuluted plot as we learn much more about Xander and his family. There is a huge secret that's hinted at near the beginning but when it's revealed this reader truly was amazed . I really just didn't see it coming!

It's a very hot book with lots of sexy time, but I found Ivy to be a little shallow at times and just wanted more from the heroine. I get that she's trying to do what she believes is right but her naïveté just felt wrong. I guess I just enjoy pretending that I'm in the book myself and she wasn't a character that I wanted to be although she does get to spend time with the sexy Xander. He's a hero who just fails to see any fault in the woman he loves which makes him quite endearing . As for Damon well he's defiantly the villain of the piece but I found him to be a little too far fetched and lacking any real character development. Although he really is a nasty piece of work !

I found this book worked quite well as a standalone but if you enjoy reading about hot rockers with twisted crazy love lives then maybe start with Connected which is the first in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mended.

May 5, 2014 – Shelved