Donadee's Corner's Reviews > Twisted Engagement

Twisted Engagement by Sandi K. Whipple

This was a very touching but endearing story with a VERY surprising ending. Abuse, no matter what form it is, causes such emotional pain for the person on the receiving end. In so many cases there are no happy endings and in some cases it will end in death. I'm glad that this story has been written even though in this case it is fictional. Sandi has told a story that needs to be told and she has done an excellent job. When a woman has been so brow beaten that she or her friends and family no longer recognize her, it's time to help them however we can out of the situation. As in this case Lilly with the help of her best friend Sue realizes that she does not love her boyfriend. Just weeks before the wedding she breaks it off. David surprises her with such an ugly scene that she becomes truly frightened of him. Making this decision Lilly decides with the support of her family and Sue to relocate to a small town in Colorado. Here is where Sandi excels in her creation of a woman finding her self worth again with the help of the extraordinary man the she meets. Glenn can not imagine how a woman with the talents and beauty of Lilly could have been treated like this. This story is written with finesse, capturing the journey of Lilly's return from the loss of herself. Rich with exceptional descriptions of the characters and surroundings bringing them alive to the reader. I fell in love with the town and out four lead characters, Lilly, Sue, Glenn and Jim. The suspenseful twists and unbelievable turns will keep you reading long past bedtime. The details concerning David brought me this feeling of incredible anger and hatred towards him. I wanted to twist his neck myself! I really enjoyed reading this even with the emotional roller coaster I went through, the ending was VERY rewarding. Excellent read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twisted Engagement.

May 3, 2014 – Started Reading