Anne Hawn Smith's Reviews > Green River, Running Red: The Real Story of the Green River Killer--America's Deadliest Serial Murderer

Green River, Running Red by Ann Rule

Mar 06, 2010

bookshelves: true-crime, non-fiction, mystery
Read in September, 2002

Ann Rule is one of the best True Crime writers around and this was one of her best. I wish she had been more able to get into the head of Gary Ridgeway, but I came away from the book feeling that no one could. He just seemed too normal. I think what was most fascinating is the reaction of his family. No one seemed to have suspected he was leading a double life and I think that is what is so frightening.

I am fascinated by True Crime books because I want to understand the mind of such predators, but I am beginning to think it is not possible. They are driven by things that are so foreign it is like trying to describe color to a blind person. Still, I think that Ann Rule is one of the best.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Green River, Running Red.

Karyn Ann Rule's other books such as The stranger beside me and Small sacrifices are on the top of the list!