Stacy's Reviews > The Patron Saint of Liars

The Patron Saint of Liars by Ann Patchett

Mar 06, 2010

I picked up this book after Magician's Assistant. I was so excited to read another Patchett novel.

I felt like I had read this book before, or have seen a movie depicting the scenes, or maybe it is just the style of Patchett that is comforting.
Seriouly, is there another book out there about a home for unwed mothers??

The I sat down as the sun came up and read the complete book in 4 hours.

An easy read, an easy escape and a guarantee that you will fall in love with some of the characters. My heart followed Son through his walks back and froth from his home to 'hotel'. The way he cared for Rose when she was "emotionally lost" in a snow storm grabbed my heart.

I felt for Rose in her longing and lack of feeling settled.
She had more character then she gave herself credit for... bringing me to wishing the ending was a little different (hence the .5 star).

Patchett's writing style is one that puts you in the exact moment of the scene. 4.5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Patron Saint of Liars.

Emily According to there was a TV movie of the book made in 1998. I can't imagine getting the right tone into a movie, but it seems they tried. So maybe you saw it, and that's why it seemed so familiar. =)