Megan Readinginthesunshine's Reviews > The Broken

The Broken by Tamar Cohen

Read 2 times. Last read May 28, 2014.

I am a huge fan of Tamar Cohen and her novels and with that in my mind I could not wait to start her latest release – The Broken.

Dan and Sasha, Josh and Hannah – couples who have been best friends forever. They tell each other everything, socialise together, talk about their children. But when Dan decides his marriage to Sasha is over, and despite not wanting to take sides, Hannah and Josh are soon drawn into the effects of this…

I REALLY liked this! Straight away I was gripped to the pages wanting to know more – Tamar Cohen has this way of drawing you in with her words and leaving you constantly on the edge of your seat wanting to know what will happen next.

One aspect that I very much liked about The Broken is that this is all very realistic. Couples do split up and even though you try to remain neutral you can be dragged in. This was also what was so frightening about the novel, the fact that everything that went on in the novel could actually happen in real life, and the thought of that had my heart pounding against my chest as I read. I found The Broken very thought provoking, and I found myself wondering how I would react if I were in a similar situation…would I be able to remain neutral? Would I be dragged in? What would happen to me then?

I loved that Tamar wrote this in such a way that I was constantly surprised and had no idea how the story was going to end. The interactions between the characters were thrilling and at the same time chilling too, and I particularly enjoyed that as the characters lives were explored, we found out a lot more about them, going deeper into their thoughts and feelings and seeing some darker sides and secrets too. As Dan and Sasha’s relationship is over, it was fascinating to see the ripple effect that this had on Josh and Hannah’s marriage, and the cracks that started to appear. I was hooked to these characters, not knowing if a part of their life would crumble in the next pages or what was round the corner.

I don’t want to say much more but I was truly blown away by what I read and at times I was gasping. Tamar Cohen has written a brilliant novel full of suspense, relationships and strikingly full of real life situations. The Broken is a story with dark and chilling moments, and it will have you gripped to the pages…a real wow book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Broken.

May 3, 2014 – Shelved
May 3, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
May 19, 2014 – Started Reading (ebook Edition)
May 19, 2014 – Shelved (ebook Edition)
May 22, 2014 – Finished Reading (ebook Edition)
May 28, 2014 – Started Reading