Michelle Leah Olson's Reviews > The Kraken King and the Iron Heart

The Kraken King and the Iron Heart by Meljean Brook

bookshelves: to-read, reviewed, literal-addiction-books

Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Vivacious Valkyrie - Marta:
*Copy gifted in exchange for an honest review

Episode five in this adventure that has this reader absolutely gripped! This stunning tale blends a steampunk world with heart stopping romance and it's a simply fantastic ride! Do not read this without the previous parts as you would be missing out on an awesome journey. Sit back and allow this author to whisk us away to a fantastical land filled with daredevil escapades and monstrous events that will leave the reader breathless .
Zenobia has been separated from Ariq but not before he vowed his heart and soul to her. She's not really sure she can trust his feelings but one thing she does believe is he's a man of honour and if it's possible to rescue her he will. Ariq has no such doubts and is a wily type who will not go quietly. He knows the whereabouts of a war machine the likes of which the world has yet to see but refuses to stand by and quietly watch the world go to blazes. Zenobias very safety is in Ariqs hands but he's a man with a plan and woe betide any who get in his way!

I am loving this series and so wish I'd discovered this author sooner. The world building is fantastic and if honest I don't have enough superlatives to describe just how vibrant it truly is. This particular part is almost in two halves as we have initially the escape plans of both Ariq and Zenobia to follow and then we are treated to a very passionate encounter! Zenobia may not be fully convinced of Ariqs true feelings and intentions but believe me when I say that he's a very persuasive man!

Things are certainly heating up for our intrepid hero and heroine but Zenobias adventure is far from over. The question of evading recapture is playing heavily on their minds but equally what would happen if they succeed is never far from their thoughts. Will Zenobia take her chances and stay with Ariq or return to her brother and the saner world she's used to? Zenobia feels that she's lost so much but sometimes when all is gone the only thing left is hope!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kraken King and the Iron Heart.

May 3, 2014 – Shelved