Michelle Leah Olson's Reviews > The Kraken King and the Inevitable Abduction

The Kraken King and the Inevitable Abduction by Meljean Brook

bookshelves: to-read, reviewed, literal-addiction-books

Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Vivacious Valkyrie - Marta:
*Copy gifted in exchange for an honest review

Well this is the fourth instalment of The Kraken King and I think the title says it all! Zenobia Fox may be close to realising the end of her mission -which is getting her friend safely to Red City but her life is never uneventful. Having survived a failed kidnapping attempt thanks to Ariq ,Zenobia is well aware that her true identity has been revealed. Ariq has offered her his protection but Zenobia has yet to realise just how much he's truly offering. Just because they have reached Red City does not mean the journey is over though as Zenobias trials are only just beginning and this time she's not alone.

Wow, it's hard to review this without spoilers and it would be a crying shame to ruin it for readers so discretion is vital here. This series has been an amazing find full of twists and turns. Zenobia is such a plucky girl but she's not one to trust easily and I fear that when she gives her heart it's going to be a monumental thing. She's been sheltered in many ways but this is a woman who wishes to be emancipated and take full control of her own life and destiny. Ariq, oo lets just take a pause and try to get my feelings for that guy under control! He's so much more than he seemed initially. Born into a family that can and does hurt each other with no fear of consequences he has learned to rely solely on himself and yet he's such a loyal man. Ariq may have qualms about Zenobias secrets and true agenda but he won't let a little thing like fear stand in his way. He's a man prepared to fight for what he wants and it's clear that what he really wants is Zenobia!

Ms Brooks is a cruel woman! This is left as possibly the most infuriating cliffhanger that I have ever come across ! The only redeeming feature as far as I can see is that the next instalment is scheduled to be released soon but luckily if you prefer to read an entire story at your leisure a complete and full length edition of this story is expected later this year.

This wasn't my favourite episode as I really do enjoy all the exciting world building that this author excels at but here we were treated to more intimate moments as Zenobias barriers start to fall. The last couple of pages just blew me away and believe me if swooning was my type of thing then yep most definitely I'd would do that for Ariq! It's a wonderful ride the author is taking the readers on with intricate settings, political intrigue , fantastical creatures , strong butt kicking characters and of course heart stopping romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kraken King and the Inevitable Abduction.

May 3, 2014 – Shelved