Nana Prah's Reviews > Pretty Reckless

Pretty Reckless by Jodi Linton

I’ve been reading romances for a long time and I can honestly say I have not come across one like Pretty Reckless before. I say this in a good way. The story line was fascinating and had me flipping my Kindle pages at top speed.

Deputy Laney is one funny, tough woman who guards her heart after having had it broken in the past by sexy Texas Ranger, Gunner. The chemistry between them is incredible. Throughout the book I kept wondering if they would or wouldn’t get together. Ms. Linton knows how to keep the heat and tension in a romance.

I loved the language of the story. Yes they speak English, but the little phrases (which I presume are unique to Texas) that I had never encountered before made it more interesting.

My one complaint fell on Laney. Yes, she was a tough law officer, but she let others get the best of her at times. Ms. Linton attempted to show how Laney’s thinking process flowed during these time, and it made sense, but it didn’t make me happy. Especially when— sorry, no spoilers. You’ll have to read the book for yourself to see if you agree.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretty Reckless.

Finished Reading