Sarah's Reviews > Treasures, Demons, and Other Black Magic

Treasures, Demons, and Other Black Magic by Meghan Ciana Doidge

bookshelves: fantasy, new-adult, paranormal, r2r-read, vampires, read-2014

(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Meghan Ciana Doidge.)
Jade made have found out that she’s half-witch, and half something else, but she still hasn’t found a way to deal with her crazy half-sister Sienna.
Is Jade’s training enough to dead with Sienna? And how many more must die before she is stopped?

This was a good third instalment in this urban fantasy series, and I am still lusting after those cupcakes!

Jade was once again strong in this book. She’d obviously put a lot of time and effort into training in an effort to stop her sister Sienna from destroying the world, even going so far as to *gasp* go without chocolate for three and a half months!!

The storyline in this was good, and I liked the action. I liked Jade’s new found talents and the way she had learned to use them, and even though we didn’t see many of them, the cupcakes sounded delicious!
There was a touch of romance, and one little romantic tryst, there wasn’t a lot of it though, and this book wasn’t really about the romance.

The ending was good, and I liked the way we finally saw the end of Sienna! I have a feeling we haven’t seen the end of Jade yet though.
Overall; another great instalment in this urban fantasy series,
7 out of 10.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Treasures, Demons, and Other Black Magic.

May 1, 2014 – Shelved
June 3, 2014 – Started Reading
June 3, 2014 –
6.0% "Ha ha, a witch and a dragon using Google maps!"
11.0% "Getting good!"
June 3, 2014 –
16.0% "Nice bit of action!"
June 3, 2014 –
21.0% "Three demons? Because one is just never enough?"
25.0% "Zebrafish?"
June 3, 2014 –
46.0% "Why am I always on a diet when I read these books? The desserts always sound so good!"
June 3, 2014 –
52.0% "They found her! Yay!"
June 3, 2014 –
56.0% "Another good bit of action!"
June 4, 2014 –
61.0% "Is he really dead?"
72.0% "Umm, cookies ☺"
81.0% "Not the forest!"
91.0% "Oh yuck!"
94.0% "Ouch!"
June 4, 2014 –
99.0% "Those cupcakes sound so yummy!!"
June 4, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Meghan (new) - added it

Meghan Doidge Thanks for reading and reviewing, Sarah!

Sarah Not a problem ☺ Congrats on another great book! ☺

message 3: by Meghan (new) - added it

Meghan Doidge Sarah wrote: "Not a problem ☺ Congrats on another great book! ☺"
<3 I do adore writing Jade. I'm working on her next three books now … well, after I get off Goodreads.

Sarah ha ha! I have a slight goodreads addiction too ☺