Kushnuma's Reviews > Invincible

Invincible by C.A. Gray

bookshelves: arcs
Recommended for: Harry Potter/Percy Jackson fans

I received an advanced free epub copy from the author in exchange for an honest review for which I am very thankful.

In the second installment of the Piercing the Veil Trilogy, Peter, Lily, Cole and Brock are enrolled at Paladin High, but Peter wants life to get back to normal and go back home. Everyone in Carlion believes Peter to be the Child of the Prophecy as he is a dead ringer for King Arthur but there is still a possibility that Lily may still be the Child of the Prophecy... Isdemus thinks that they should look for the Philosopher's Stone because if Kane frees the the Shadow Lord that would be the first thing that he will be after...!

I really enjoyed Invincible and I would have finished this in just a few days if it weren't for my exams and coursework at University. I loved the subjects that they learned at Paladin High. I was kept on the edge of my seat whenever there was a threat or fight scene: when Peter, Cole and the others go back to his home; and then when they confront the Shadow Lord/Kane. And then I was really frustrated that Lily and Peter would not confess to each other... I cannot wait to read Impossible and would love an advanced of copy that as well!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Invincible.

April 30, 2014 – Shelved
May 3, 2014 – Started Reading
May 4, 2014 –
12.0% "Don't have enough time to read right now what with all the coursework deadlines and exams...\n \n description"
May 5, 2014 –
12.0% "32"
May 6, 2014 –
May 9, 2014 –
77.0% "I would have finished this ages ago if it weren't for the fact that I have exams and coursework due..."
May 11, 2014 – Finished Reading