Sophie's Reviews > Fire of Stars and Dragons

Fire of Stars and Dragons by Melissa Petreshock

Review also on my blog at http://www.reviewedthebook.co.uk/2014...

It takes a pretty fine book for me to start and finish it right through the middle of the night in one sitting, especially for a book in a genre I don’t read all that often. But Fire of Stars and Dragons was something else. This was a spectacular book and I knew right from the first page that I wasn’t going to sleep (or getting up) until I’d finished it.

Wow – the characters – they were fantastic! I read so many books where I struggle to connect with even one character but Fire of Stars and Dragons brought me five which I absolutely loved. They were wonderfully written. For a quick book, each one was developed so well and yet they all left a little bit open so people like me can sit and complain that I want each of them to have their own story. Now. ;)

Call me weird but I never thought I’d be sat swooning at fictional dragons. But I was. And the demigod too – Dante. Definitely my favourite character. I mean, I loved Cait and all but she had so much good choice I just had to envy her. There was a love triangle (actually there was four involved but love square doesn't sound the same) and I know quite a few people aren’t a big fan of them (me included) but in this book, it was gripping and captivating, and flawless.

Other than the characters I’ve swooned over for long enough – this book was just brilliant. The pacing was spot-on and with the combination of fantasy, romance and phenomenal world-building, it’s difficult for me to see where Melissa could go wrong with this book. It was unpredictable and even towards the end I wasn’t really sure where it was going. Imaginative, creative and full of character, Fire of Stars and Dragons oozes originality and I would recommend anyone to pick this book up. You won’t regret it!

5/5.

*Book gifted for honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire of Stars and Dragons.

April 30, 2014 – Started Reading