Angela Crawford's Reviews > The Monster's Corner: Stories Through Inhuman Eyes

The Monster's Corner by Christopher Golden

liked it

An all original anthology from some of todays hottest supernatural writers, featuring stories of monsters from the monster's point of view.

In most stories we get the perspective of the hero, the ordinary, the everyman, but we are all the hero of our own tale, and so it must be true for legions of monsters, from Lucifer to Mordred, from child-thieving fairies to Frankenstein's monster and the Wicked Witch of the West. From our point of view, they may very well be horrible, terrifying monstrosities, but of course they won’t see themselves in the same light, and their point of view is what concerns us in these tales. Demons and goblins, dark gods and aliens, creatures of myth and legend, lurkers in darkness and beasts in human clothing…these are the subjects of The Monster’s Corner. With contributions by Lauren Groff, Chelsea Cain, Simon R. Green, Sharyn McCrumb, Kelley Armstrong, David Liss, Kevin J. Anderson, Jonathan Maberry, and many others.

Some of the stories in this collection were great, but then there were the others,,,, Some of my favorites were Saint John by Jonathan Maberry, Big Man by David Moody, Wicked Be by Heather Graham, Specimen 313 by Jeff Strand, and The Lake by Tananarive Due. They make this a book worth picking up. While the other stories in the book were well written some of them I just didn't get. Some were just ok. 3.5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Monster's Corner.

Finished Reading