Nancy Shaffer's Reviews > Leviathan Wakes

Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey

10209485

bookshelves: solar-system
Read 2 times. Last read October 17, 2019 to October 20, 2019.

10/20/19: I've been in a weird mood lately with my reading. A lot of my recent choices have left me cold, and when those have been purchases instead of library books, that makes me gun-shy about buying new books. Also, I often buy books only to see them in the library offerings a month later.

So I've been going back to the books already in my personal collection, re-reading. With audiobooks, you don't have to put a book down to walk across a room, or do the dishes, or drive to work. You just keep listening. And listening, to me, has become a security blanket. I get edgy when my brain's not otherwise occupied and I'm not listening to a book.

When books are your comfort food, you want to read the ones you enjoy most. I figure with... 8 books? in the Expanse series, I will have something to read until my library wait list finally coughs up its next book, or The Expanse season 4 starts, or both.

05/31/16: Read it again. Different experience after the TV series. Visualized the scenes much differently and more clearly.

<3 <3 <3 this series. It's soooo not military sci-fi. It's so not When Evil Aliens Attack. But the cover might fool you into thinking it is.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leviathan Wakes.

April 29, 2014 – Shelved