Nancy Shaffer's Reviews > Leviathan Wakes

Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey

10209485

bookshelves: solar-system
Read 2 times. Last read October 17, 2019 to October 20, 2019.

10/20/19: I've been in a weird mood lately with my reading. A lot of my recent choices have left me cold, and when those have been purchases instead of library books, that makes me gun-shy about buying new books. Also, I often buy books only to see them in the library offerings a month later.

So I've been going back to the books already in my personal collection, re-reading. With audiobooks, you don't have to put a book down to walk across a room, or do the dishes, or drive to work. You just keep listening. And listening, to me, has become a security blanket. I get edgy when my brain's not otherwise occupied and I'm not listening to a book.

When books are your comfort food, you want to read the ones you enjoy most. I figure with... 8 books? in the Expanse series, I will have something to read until my library wait list finally coughs up its next book, or The Expanse season 4 starts, or both.

05/31/16: Read it again. Different experience after the TV series. Visualized the scenes much differently and more clearly.

<3 <3 <3 this series. It's soooo not military sci-fi. It's so not When Evil Aliens Attack. But the cover might fool you into thinking it is.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leviathan Wakes.

April 29, 2014 – Shelved