Shelly's Reviews > Fangirl

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

bookshelves: chick-lit, my-all-time-favorites, romance

There are books that you love so much that you read them in one sitting and then there are books that you know as soon as you start reading that you could read it in one sitting but you would regret it when it is over. For me, Fangirl was the second kind. I was still on the first page when I knew that I wanted to savor Cath's story. Rowell's great gift is character. She makes the most lovable, realistic, human characters and develops them with humor and fantastic dialogue. I identified very strongly with the character of Cath and being an introvert (severely) in an extrovert world. And I loved the cast of people she reluctantly let in, became friends, and more with. I want to go back to their world. I want to know what happens in the rest of Cath's college years and beyond.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fangirl.

Quotes Shelly Liked

Rainbow Rowell
“Real life was something happening in her peripheral vision.”

Rainbow Rowell
“That girl had the subtlety of a Spencer’s Gifts shop.”

“You’ve read the books?”
“I’ve seen the movies.”
Cath rolled her eyes so hard, it hurt. (Actually.) (Maybe because she was still on the edge of tears. On the edge, period.) “So you haven’t read the books.”
“I’m not really a book person.”
“That might be the most idiotic thing you’ve ever said to me”

Rainbow Rowell
“There are other people on the Internet. It's awesome. You get all the benefits of 'other people' without the body odor and the eye contact.”

April 29, 2014 – Shelved