Sakina's Reviews > Pretty Reckless

Pretty Reckless by Jodi Linton

bookshelves: 2014-read, adult-books, captivating, humor, mystery, spy-books, contemporary

“Maybe it was bad luck or part of the good Lord’s divine plan. At any rate, I was one of the unfortunate two hundred that called Pistol Rock, Texas home."

Laney Briggs world is turned upside down when a bunch of dead cows along with a dead body turns up on her watch. Things start getting messy when a bunch of dead bodies start showing up around town along with the dead threats towards Laney to leave the case. If that isn't enough her ex, Gunner Wilson is back in town who five years ago had broke her heart and left. With the case getting more twisted and a jealous-needy fiancé at her back, the last thing Laney needs is her resurfacing feelings for Gunner who makes no effort to hide his feelings for her and has no qualms reminding her about their past love and relationship.

Pretty Reckless is a joyful and fun read with a good plot and a twisted mystery. Though there is a romantic triangle in the book between Laney and her cowboys, Jodi Linton has done a good job in portraying it in a way that isn't annoying, much. But I still had fun reading this book and I really liked the ending. Looking forward to the next book in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretty Reckless.

April 28, 2014 – Shelved
June 15, 2014 – Shelved as: mystery
June 15, 2014 – Shelved as: spy-books
June 15, 2014 – Finished Reading
August 15, 2014 – Shelved as: contemporary

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* This author's book totally sound good. Her new one Rebel Love just went up on Netgalley. I'm requesting it since I see you liked one of hers. :D

Sakina This book was fun! Also thanks for letting me know that the author has a new book coming up. :D

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Sakina wrote: "This book was fun! Also thanks for letting me know that the author has a new book coming up. :D"

I thought you might like it. It sounds pretty good.