Sophie's Reviews > Life Lived Twice

Life Lived Twice by Sherrie Wouters

Review also on my blog at http://www.reviewedthebook.co.uk/2014...

Life Lived Twice was a real surprise package for me. I didn’t expect to be drawn into the story so much or to have finished it as quickly as I did but this was a captivating novel with a great plot. It was a really impressive debut by Sherrie Wouters and I’m eager to read more from this author.

Tess was an interesting character. Straight away, I was fascinated by why she was drawn to the mysterious guy at the airport so suddenly and as we learn more about her nightmares and her past, the concept never let me down. I loved how intricately the present was linked with her recurring nightmares and how realistic they felt. As the story unfolded, I felt like Sherrie did a great job at making sure everything previously mentioned was linked and not forgotten.

This book wasn’t perfect by all means but it was really gripping and entertaining. Although this book was intriguing right from the start, towards the middle I thought some parts of it felt a little too over-explained. Minor things like Tess being speechless at someone opening the door for her or stunned by someone querying her question seemed unnecessarily detailed. I just felt like Sherrie didn’t need to over-express and spell things out for us so because we could come to the conclusions ourselves.

What I loved most about this book though was the part I wasn’t expecting – the suspense. Life Lived Twice led Tess on the road to discovery and along the way, the twists and turns as more things were uncovered made for a great suspenseful read. With a spectacular ending as well, I thought this book was fantastic. I’m yet to move on to another book yet as I’m still left considering the events in Life Lived Twice, which I think is a great judge on how much I enjoyed it!

4.5/5.

*Book gifted for honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life Lived Twice.

April 28, 2014 – Started Reading
April 28, 2014 – Shelved
April 28, 2014 –
April 28, 2014 –
26.0% "so intrigued... :)"
April 29, 2014 – Finished Reading