Chanzie's Reviews > Cipher

Cipher by Aileen Erin

Apr 27, 2014

bookshelves: netgalley

I have been so excited about this book since I read the sneak peak a little while ago. I wouldn't be surprised if I was one of the first to hit that request button on Netgalley!!

I haven't read many sci-fi type books but I was drawn to the paranormal element of Cipher. I read a few mixed reviews when I started the book but honestly it didn't make a difference for me. I loved this book - end of story!

Characters & Storyline: 5/5

Aileen has a way of creating lovable and amazing characters. All of them have their little ways and they are so entertaining, each bringing their own to the story.

Emma: I took to Emma quickly and just loved her to pieces. She is a bit of damaged goods but it adds to her character. She is strong, brave & smart. Emma is dangerous - being a red helix and even though she has had a tough life, she doesn't act like a victim.

Hunter: Oh man this swoonworthy gorgeous lovable amazing man! He is just perfect. Strong enough and sweet on the flip side, brave and gentle, and will do anything to find protect Emma. He definitely made my book boyfriend list!

Emma & Hunter's love & chemistry just work. Its a little bit instalove but with some history if that makes sense. Their was just the right amount of resistance and more than enough attraction.

Dex, Oliver & Hunter - What a close knit bunch! I loved their interactions. They tough, rough men & bros til the end.

Plot, Pace, Writing style: 5/5
The plot was exciting and the pace was perfect. Aileen draws you in smoothly and sneaks them into your heart. Aileen has a gift at weaving amazing stories. I hope we see what becomes of gang! I am extremely interested to see how this series plays out with the first 3 books being written by 3 different authors. Do I really have to wait til 2016 too see Em & Hunter again??? Hope not.

Cover talk: 5/5 I love the cover!!

Final Thoughts: I loved it & am hooked to this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cipher.

April 27, 2014 – Shelved
April 27, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
October 9, 2014 – Started Reading
October 9, 2014 – Shelved as: netgalley
October 12, 2014 –
28.0% "wow loving this book ★ need to read more!!!"
October 14, 2014 –
72.0% "Love love love it!!! Hunter & Emma are sizzlingly awesome <3"
October 15, 2014 – Finished Reading