Kai's Reviews > Far Shore

Far Shore by Traci L. Slatton

U 50x66

bookshelves: e-books, net-gallery

Far Shore takes place in an apocalypse world where the mists exist to destroy anything in its path and infected mankind into insanity. The mists also give certain people special abilities if they don't go mad. At the beginning of the story, Emma is asked to help a friend who is having trouble giving birth. Emma has developed healing power when the mists came into existent. She also found out that her lover Arthur is held capture by the very sociopath who has held her captive in the last book and decided to rescue him. In doing what is right, Emma left her husband and her two daughters with her husband's ultimatum of her never to return to them.

After rescuing Arthur, Emma is unable to call her healing power to heal him. At the same time, she is being hunted by the very sociopath who has held both of them captives and the mists is evolving into a thinking entity.

Far Shore is the third book in The After series. I haven't read the first two books. I do find that I didn't get lost in Far Shore. There are enough information to get the highlights of the first two books. Of course, I would read the first two books to catch up with the details of this storyline. Because I didn't read the first two books, I did find the beginning of the story slow until Emma and her friends went to rescue Arthur.

I was given this book by the publisher through Net Gallery for an honest review. All opinions are my own and I was not compensated for this review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Far Shore.

April 27, 2014 – Started Reading