Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*'s Reviews > Cheating Chance

Cheating Chance by James Buchanan

Honestly, I don't even know what to say about this book. It was interesting and my emotions ranged throughout it. I loved and hated the characters and I loved and hated parts of the story but overall it really is a great book to the point that it kept me captivated through the whole story.

I absolutely loved Nicky. He's sweet and passionate and funny and a goth, which I surprisingly liked. And I loved the fact that he drove a hearse. That was just plan awesome. I realized while I was reading that I was feeling everything Nicky was feeling, it was kinda intense. Lol. I hated Brandon. For one, he's bisexual and secondly, he's just a major asshole, imo. I seriously wanted to punch him. (view spoiler)

I must say, I really liked learning about the inside workings of slot machines and casinos and stuff. I was a little lost at times but overall, I liked it. The mystery and murder were good, too. Even though you can basically put all the pieces together yourself, it was still a delight to see it all unfold and how Nicky played a part in it.

The only problem I had with it was Brandon. Like I said, I absolutely hated him. He was sweet and caring one minute and then angry at Nicky the next. He was basically walking all over Nicky and Nicky ate it up, letting him do it. Argh! (view spoiler)

Overall, I really loved the book. Especially since it was able to pull such intense emotions from me, makes this a great read. Definitely recommended. [image error]

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cheating Chance.

01/28/2011
01/29/2011
22.0% "I officially hate Brandon *insert angry face*"
01/29/2011
52.0% "I still don't like Brandon"
68.0% "I'm not quite sure how I feel about this book :-/" 16 comments
69.0% "Japanese bondage and facials?! *gasp*" 4 comments
show 3 hidden updates…

Chris Well, yeah, because it's Nicky & Brandon!! Yum...

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I <3 Nicky and Brandon!

Chris Nikyta: Did your feelings about Brandon change as you got to know him better?

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Well, I hated him up until the part where he (view spoiler) he redeemed himself a little lol

But they are definitely hot together. Loved Nicky ^_^

message 5: by Lori K (new)

Lori K You are making me want to re-read these. :)

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Lmao. Do they get better as you read them? There's only three books in the series, right?

Chris Three books and some shorts. Get better? I think all of them are pretty awesome. :)

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Yeah, I really liked this one. And you gave it 5 stars, Chris! Nice! Lol

I meant, does Brandon become less of an asshole?

Chris Why ruin the next books for you? :)

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Lmao. Come on, Chris!!! Please??? I'm gonna forget by the time I read the next one anyway. I've gotta get some of my challenge books done before I read anything not on the lists. Lol

Chris Well, we wouldn't all love Nicky & Brandon so much if they both didn't grow during the books. Does that help? :)

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Chris wrote: "Well, we wouldn't all love Nicky & Brandon so much if they both didn't grow during the books. Does that help? :)"

Lol. Alright, alright. I guess I could live with just that *grumbles* ^_^

I'm gonna have to fit the rest into my challenge lists now. Sheesh. :P

Chris It won't be a hardship! :)

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Lmao. Yes, that's true.