Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)'s Reviews > Claiming His Wedding Night

Claiming His Wedding Night by Lee Wilkinson

This was pretty good but not great. I liked Lee Wilkinson's descriptive writing. I felt like I was within the story, seeing everything in technicolor. I liked how I slowly saw more and more of Jared as a person. Although from the beginning, I could tell he was crazy about Perdita. I find a hero who is crazy in love a sure fire way to elevate a book to a higher level. Can't help it. It's my 'button'. In this case, this is the strong point of this book. Again, not that it's bad. I just felt that Perdita was a bit harder to identify with. I mean I can understand that she took a lot on faith from people who she thought were trustworthy, but she didn't listen to what her heart and gut was telling her about the man she loved, and she cost them three long years. That was like a pain in my gut. I hate wasted potential, you know? What I love is Jared still loved her so much, and waited for her. He could have moved on physically and emotionally, and who would blame him? But he doesn't. That makes me sigh.

So, yeah, I was a bit annoyed at Perdita, and even more, the person who engineered the destruction of her brief marriage to Jared. I have to take points off for that. But Jared, oh my darling, I add points for you.

So I end up with a 3.5/5.0 star book. *Sighs some more about Jared.*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Claiming His Wedding Night.

03/29/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Akina (new) - added it

Akina Great review. I too prefer books where you can immediately tell that the hero is in love and will do whatever it takes to get his woman. I think I've read this title before but I'm looking forward to reading it again soon.

kye_sg i was unsure if i should pick this book up. thanks for the awesome insight.