Dayana's Reviews > After the Silence

After the Silence by Jake Woodhouse

liked it
bookshelves: 2014-book-challenge, 3-stars

I won a copy of this book through the Goodreads 'First Reads'. I want to say thank you because I won the book from goodreads giveaway. The story is going around 3 murders and they are connected to each other. The murders were committed in different places but the victims’ role in a big crime ring brought them to their current condition. The victims are a policeman, a businessman and couple which child is missing. The author has described the Netherland’s policy system quite harsh without sweetening the true. You can see the viewpoint of each character in the book and you can see clearly their strengths and flaws. A small disadvantage I found with the book was that I couldn’t read or be sure about the pronunciation of names of places or people’s names. I think it will be helpful if the author adds in his future books pronunciation information. I like that the author tries to bring more light and attention on issues such as trafficking of people. Unfortunately, this still happens today and the society we are part of is nurturing all kinds of monsters. I think the end of the book was not very well thought trough and it was quick way to finish the book. It left me with more questions about the characters and their futures.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read After the Silence.

Started Reading