Amy's Reviews > Original Sin

Original Sin by Allison Brennan

Feb 28, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: won, paranormal

In terms of paranormal fiction this isn't going to be the “Next Twilight” but I pose that as a good thing. Original Sin is aimed at a more mature audience and the content and tone of the novel suits that.

Allison Brennan weaves a tale of corruption, foolishness, impulsive behaviour and ill-advised and lust-driven actions.

Although, I enjoyed the story as a whole, I felt there were too many pointless references to events 6 months previous that weren't ever really resolved (in particular something that happened to Skye) and that distracted me from the story as I waited for the answer/relevancy of that to be revealed to me.

If you are after hard hitting hitting fantasy that's about to revolutionise the genre forever or an in-depth and insightful critique into the human condition, then look elsewhere – but, if your are seeking literary escapism in its basest of paranormal forms, this book will have your bases covered. And if you're a fan, then you're in luck – this is the first book in a 7 book series.

(I received this book for free from the publisher as part of a promotion for the upcoming sequel)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Original Sin.

February 28, 2010 – Started Reading