Kate's Reviews > Anthem

Anthem by Ayn Rand

F 50x66
Nov 16, 2007

did not like it

ayn rand is the most ridiculous author i have ever read. i hate her. and her philosophies. she takes hyperbole to a hyperbolic extreme in this book. i hate how she makes the main characters these perfect beings whose only flaw is that society won't accept their superiority. i wonder how ayn rand would have thought if she had been unattractive, unsuccessful and poor. absolute rubbish.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anthem.

Finished Reading
November 16, 2007 – Shelved

message 1: by Moria (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:09PM) (new)

Moria hahahahahaha.

message 2: by Beth (new) - rated it 1 star

Beth Enjoyed your review Kate, "main characters as perfect beings whose only flaw is that society won't accept their superiority."

IMO, insightful.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle You nailed it, Kate! I've thought the same thing ever since a "friend" gave me a copy of Atlas Shrugged, telling me how much I'd like it. I never spoke to him again. I couldn't, knowing his personal philosophy was based on Rand's egocentric narcissism.

Jordan Ayn Rand did not have to wonder what it would be like to be unattractive.

message 5: by Brian (new)

Brian What Jordan said.

Elizabeth Jaimes Wasn't that the point of the book?

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle At least we have the intellect to despise her "philosophy." One has to wonder what Brian would say if he would/could think, instead of the personal attacks on appearance and success, based on his own limited, imagined opinion.

Alec Hensley Amen

message 9: by Brian (new)

Brian Michelle wrote: "At least we have the intellect to despise her "philosophy." One has to wonder what Brian would say if he would/could think, instead of the personal attacks on appearance and success, based on his ..."

Oh ouch, a personal attack from someone I don't know. Oh the agony. You have already ruined any credibility you may have had when you ostracized your friend for having an opposing opinion.

Vaden Earle If she "had" been unattractive? That is a joke right? Have you seen her pictures?

Michael Palkowski Try actually reading the book next time.