SueBee★bring me an alpha!★'s Reviews > Monster in His Eyes

Monster in His Eyes by J.M. Darhower

photo DarhowerMonsterinhiseyes1TitlebySueBee_zps27952780.jpg
 photo mihe1 story xB by sb_zpsowova37f.gif
★★★★! Monster in His Eyes, book 1 of 2. College girl is seduced by the mysterious, mercurial and older Naz! She doesn’t stand a chance, but who is he?

“He fucks me like he means it, like he needs it, like being inside of me is more important than anything inside of him.”

Books in series should be read in order:
Book 1: Monster in His Eyes
Book 2: Torture to Her Soul

Monster in His Eyes (book 1) opens up to university student Karissa Reed, Kissimmee in College doing mid-terms, fretting over her Philosophy class and hanging out with her friends. Abandoned by her father before birth she spent her childhood moving from place to place with her mom seeking happiness and peace while coddling Karissa.

She has finally broken away and moved to the city to attend NYC. But her upbringing has left her naïve and insecure, very impressionable. When she encounters a handsome stranger, much older than her she is both smitten and taken back.

The mysterious and mercurial Ignazio Vitale, Naz claims to be a freelancer. From the moment their eyes catch Karissa doesn’t stand a chance against the force that is Naz. He pursues her while warning her off.

“I'm not a good man, Karissa, and I never will be . So don't think you can fix me, or that I'll ever change, because I won't. I can't.”

Sex with Naz is rough, angry and violent at times. The courtship that ensues is intense, bordering on addictive. The fact that he associates with known mobsters hints to a darker and dangerous side. Strap on your seatbelt for the unfolding of who is Ignazio Vitale, Naz?

photo mihe1 H BS by sb_zpsdw7ibuvk.gif

Eight words to describe Ignazio Vitale, Naz: Mysterious, mercurial, closed-off, imperfect, broken, ruthless, possessive and nurturing.

Naz, with his rough edges and slightly sinister smile, is pure passion and genuine grit, the kind that makes the hair on my arms stand on end while my spine simultaneously tingles.”

photo mihe1 he BS by sb_zpswqno9bfp.gif

Eight words to describe Karissa Reed, Kissimmee: Naïve, lonely insecure, impressionable, smart, inadequate, immature and sheltered.

Monster in His Eyes is the slow yet captivating seduction of Karissa and the unfolding of the enigma that is Naz. Needless to say it ends abruptly, not so much a cliffy more like violence and chaos. I look forward to reading book 2, Torture to Her Soul for the conclusion of their story.

Mysterious and suspenseful plot! Excellent story-telling! Memorable and captivating hero!

“And I ate you alive, sweetheart. You never had a chance.”

***
Story ending rating: N/A
Book editing rating (5 = no edits spotted): 4.5 stars
************************************************
Overall rating: 4 stars

Would I recommend this series: Yes.
Would I re-read this series: Maybe later.
Would I read future books by this author: Yes.

photo mihe1 stat100 xBQ by sb_zpswdcrf2b6.gif

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Monster in His Eyes.

April 23, 2014 – Shelved
April 23, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
April 23, 2014 – Shelved as: series-g-contemporaries
April 23, 2014 – Shelved as: g-contemporaries
April 23, 2014 – Shelved as: kindle
September 22, 2014 – Shelved as: series-cr-complete-sets
October 31, 2014 – Started Reading
October 31, 2014 –
0.0% " On my TBR for too long. Can’t wait to meet Naz!\n "
November 1, 2014 –
40.0% " Ah Naz… Karissa didn’t stand a chance and neither do it. And the sex… is violent & raw:\n "
November 2, 2014 –
100.0% " Naz is a force to be reckoned with…\n "
November 2, 2014 – Shelved as: read-contemporaries
November 2, 2014 – Shelved as: heroes-bad-boy
November 2, 2014 – Shelved as: 4-stars
November 2, 2014 – Finished Reading
January 8, 2015 – Shelved as: review-quick

Comments Showing 1-50 of 104 (104 new)

*MariaA* Sue,get to this one quick girl!!

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ *MariaA* wrote: "Sue,get to this one quick girl!!"

Sorry for my tardiness Maria. I made it! I am here, meeting Naz. Thanks dear!

Nawal Enjoy Chika !

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Nawal wrote: "Enjoy Chika !"

Thanks so much Nawal! = ))

Vina You shouldn't have waited so long !!!
OMG you will Looove Naz !
Enjoy sweetie ;)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Vina wrote: "You shouldn't have waited so long !!!
OMG you will Looove Naz !
Enjoy sweetie ;)"

Thanks so much Vina! Book 2 was released not too long ago, but my schedule was a mess. I am so excited! = ))

Raquel Enjoy Sue!! I've got this in my kindle hope to get to it soon too =D

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog Enjoy Lovely Sue!!! :)
This series seems to be getting a lot of good reviews!
xoxoxo

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Raquel wrote: "Enjoy Sue!! I've got this in my kindle hope to get to it soon too =D"

Thanks Raquel. Naz is very complex, likely dark.. I hope you will enjoy him! = ))

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Patty ❤️❤️ Belongs To ❤️❤️ Archer Hale wrote: "Enjoy Lovely Sue!!! :)
This series seems to be getting a lot of good reviews!
xoxoxo"

Thanks my dear. Exactly! I was so excited that is was a duet too, hehe. Enjoy! = DD

Vieira Yay!! Looking forward to your review!

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Sandyღ wrote: "Enjoy Bee x!"

Thanks so much Sandy! A bit darker. I am excited. = ))

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Vieira wrote: "Yay!! Looking forward to your review!"

Woohoo. Thanks so much Vieira! = ))

L*Take Me To My HEA* Enjoy Sue! I loved Naz! HARD. :D

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Lexie *Take Me To My HEA* wrote: "Enjoy Sue! I loved Naz! HARD. :D"

Thanks Lexie, just finished... = D

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Jackie wrote: "Can't wait to read your review Sue!:)"

Thanks so much Jackie dear. = ))

Maiiikaaaa THat was quick. Cant wait for the review.
I kind of gave up on it. But decided to finish it.

Just so I can read naz's book :)

message 19: by Sammy (new)

Sammy Loves Books Looking forward to your full review, Babe!!

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Maika wrote: "THat was quick. Cant wait for the review.
I kind of gave up on it. But decided to finish it.

Just so I can read naz's book :)"

I am sooo looking forward to his book!!! This is a 4 star for me. (view spoiler)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Sammy, Halloween Monster Sex Guru wrote: "Looking forward to your full review, Babe!!"

Thanks much chica! p ))

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Looking forward to it Sue!! :D

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "Looking forward to it Sue!! :D"

Thanks Feifei! = ))

Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! You know you're reviews kill me ;) and the guy in the gif is just swoon (*Tyler*) monster in his eyes looks interesting but you know would be better .....NUTELLA IN HIS EYES *I couldn't help myslef *seriously amazing review as always love ya ;)

Simona Misevska Amazing review like always dear,love your cast for Naz..:)

Mysza Fabulous review Sue!

Truuss / Loveislovereview #2 is even better!!

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "You know you're reviews kill me ;) and the guy in the gif is just swoon (*Tyler*) monster in his eyes looks interesting but you know would be better .....NUTELLA IN HIS EYES *I couldn't help myslef..."

Thanks so much Sasha! Yeah you might need to keep the Nutella nearby.. = DD

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Simona wrote: "Amazing review like always dear,love your cast for Naz..:)"

Thanks very much Simona. Much appreciated. = ))

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Mysza wrote: "Fabulous review Sue!"

Thank you so much Mysza! = ))

ღFloღ the coffee addict Lovely review, Sue!! xx

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ wrote: "Great review SSS!"

Thanks so much SSS! = DD

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Truus wrote: "#2 is even better!!"

Great! Look forward to it Truus! = ))

Jasmine Wonderful review Sue!! ♥♥ :D So glad you enjoyed this one and Naz ;D He's yummy hehe :)

message 36: by Vina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vina Fab review Sue like always!!
you will love the second book even more ;) ;)

Georgina ☽ 2greekgirlsreading Stunning review Sue!!

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Wonderful review, Sue!:)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Jasmine wrote: "Wonderful review Sue!! ♥♥ :D So glad you enjoyed this one and Naz ;D He's yummy hehe :)"

Thanks very much Jasmine! Oh yes, very.... [sigh!]

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Vina wrote: "Fab review Sue like always!!
you will love the second book even more ;) ;)"

Ooooh, thanks so much Vina! I like the sound of that. Hehe. = ))

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Lily wrote: "Stunning review Sue!!"

Many thanks Lily! = ))

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Arianna wrote: "Wonderful review, Sue!:)"

Much appreciated. Thank you Arianna! = ))

Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "You know you're reviews kill me ;) and the guy in the gif is just swoon (*Tyler*) monster in his eyes looks interesting but you know would be better ...."

Ohhhh SNAP ;)(yes I've used this before I just HAD to do it again)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "You know you're reviews kill me ;) and the guy in the gif is just swoon (*Tyler*) monster in his eyes looks interes..."

LOL! Totally understandable... ; ))

Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "You know you're reviews kill me ;) and the guy in the gif is just sw..."

;) *high five*

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "You know you're reviews kill me ;..."

[high fives]

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog AMAZING review Sue!!
Glad you enjoyed it!
xoxoxo

message 48: by Baba (new)

Baba  Wonderful review and art, Sue!

~Stéphanie's Journal~ Gorgeous review Sue ;)

message 50: by Ingie (new)

Ingie Even your review feels thrilling. You know me, I cross my fingers he actually is a nice softie man and future good hubby-material. LoL!! - Nicely done, hon! :)))

« previous 1 3