Kim's Reviews > How to Reprimand Your Rock Star

How to Reprimand Your Rock Star by Mina Vaughn

bookshelves: arc, net-galley, new-adult, read-in-2014, reviewed

Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

I participated in the cover reveal for Mina Vaughn's How to Reprimand Your Rockstar a couple months ago and since I read the blurb, I've been looking forward to reading the book. I was dying to find out what happens when a dedicated (and straight-laced) college basketball phenom meets a hot rock star who wants nothing more than to be dominated by her. I won't get into all the details because I don't want to spoil the (very sexy) ride for you, but let's just say I wasn't disappointed.

Thea is a college basketball player well on her way to becoming the Rookie of the Year in the NCAA. Her team is on a path to the NCAA Championship. Life can't get much better, right? Well, one night during a concert being held in the arena where they play, she runs into a hot, mysterious man in the locker room and they click immediately. That man? Keaton Lowe, rock god. They flirt and exchange numbers and it doesn't take long before Keaton comes clean about what he wants – someone to dominate him. More specifically, Thea to dominate him. They make a plan to meet up in the spots where her playoff games and his concerts have them in the same city. After several steamy texting sessions, Thea knows it's time to dip into the BDSM world and learn a few things. Thankfully her landlord Scarlett is happy to oblige and becomes a kinky mentor, of sorts, for her. Now Thea's juggling Keaton and their kinky relationship and basketball.

I liked the characters in this book. Thea was a strong, determined girl who was really trying to find her place in more than just basketball. There are a lot of layers to her character and they're explored pretty fully in this book. Keaton was sexy and swoon-worthy. So often, the rock star is the alpha character, so I enjoyed reading a little different perspective in this book. Don't get me wrong, he still had alpha tendencies, but he also knew when to let Thea be the dominant one. And in those moments? Holy. Hotness. (Side note: I read this on a plane surrounded by coworkers. I felt a little awkward and know I blushed a few times. I also had to kick up the fan on me because I was overheating.)

This was a good, if predictable story. (Not that I mind predictable.) Can the girl win the National Championship, find herself and keep the guy? Thea just might. You'll have to read it and find out.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher, via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Reprimand Your Rock Star.

April 23, 2014 – Shelved