Janette Fuller's Reviews > Youtube Marketing Power: How to Use Video to Find More Prospects, Launch Your Products, and Reach a Massive Audience

Youtube Marketing Power by Jason Miles

4919001

bookshelves: non-fiction

Mr. Miles has extensive experience marketing with YouTube. He uses YouTube to market his family's small business and he is on the marketing team at a Christian university.

The following topics are explored in this book:
•Why YouTube is a huge opportunity for businesses.
•Why companies frequently fail at YouTube marketing.
•Some effective styles of video making.
•How to get your videos done quickly and easily.
•How marketers are creating massive followings on YouTube.
•How you can advertise on YouTube to drive traffic to your site.
•How to monetize your YouTube videos.
This book uses research, case studies and interviews to present valuable information on using YouTube as a marketing tool.

I chose this book because I am a YouTube FANATIC! I started a lifestyle channel on YouTube in 2007 as an online journal to document the places we visited and the activities we were involved in. This channel now has 460 videos and over 1 million views!

I was hoping to learn some new nuggets of wisdom to improve my YouTube Channel and I was not disappointed. Mr. Miles presented information that is helpful for the individual or small business users as well as large organizations.

I really liked the interviews that he used in this book. I was especially impressed with the social media director at Bishop T.D. Jakes' church in Dallas, Texas.
This interview explained why it is important to create "Playlists" on your channel. A Playlist organizes your videos into different subject categories so that people can find the videos they are interested in without having to browse through your entire collection.

I was also very interested in the contests that Mr. Miles created on YouTube to build a following on their Liberty Jane Clothing channel. This book provides many tips to use in developing contests that will attract hundreds of participants.

Mr. Miles emphasizes that YouTube is a social media platform and it should be used to engage with viewers. This is an effective way to gain subscribers and keep viewers coming back for more.

This book provides information that you can use to make your video marketing plan work for you. The information is up-to-date, practical and creative. I highly recommend this book to YouTube newbies as well as experienced marketers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Youtube Marketing Power.

Started Reading