Lisa's Reviews > Dead Beat

Dead Beat by Jim Butcher

Apr 23, 2014

bookshelves: books-i-own, fantasy, favorites, paranormal
Read 3 times. Last read March 13, 2017 to March 18, 2017.

Whenever you read a book from The Dresden Files you are guaranteed a good time.

I admit, I've read this book already; I'm just re-reading it for fun. That's how good these books are. Sure, they're not the most outstanding literature of our time, but they make for great entertainment. It's funny, exciting, and there are characters you can fall in love with.

When it comes to fantasy, what more can you ask for?

I think my favorite character (next to Harry Dresden of course) is Waldo Butters. He's so sweet and normal and terrified of the new magical reality he was thrown into, yet he does his best within his limits and is even able to help Dresden.

Bob the skull is also pretty darn fun. I love it when he's part of the story. He always makes me laugh. (I wish I had a talking skull.)

Anyway, if you love fantasy and you haven't read this series yet, you definitely should. If you started with this book, it wouldn't be the end of the world (Butcher is pretty good at explaining things), but I would strongly recommend starting the series from the beginning to get the full experience. The first book is Storm Front. I recommend the audiobook because James Marsters is narrating and he does an excellent job.

What are you waiting for? Start reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Beat.

Finished Reading