Ariana's Reviews > He + She

He + She by Michelle Warren

I loved it! I really-really loved it!
That was my last coherent thought before drifting off to sleep after finishing reading it, late into the night. And I really recommend this story from the bottom of my heart!

Beautiful. Heartwarming. Funny. Romantic. Crazily cute. Emotional. Perfect. That’s all He+She is… and more.

Why is it that, you ask?
Because of the quality of the writing. The fleshed-out, full of life characters. The open and funny conversations. The freshness of the plot even. The cuteness surrounding the couple. The heartbreak in their past and the hope for their future..

Taken piece by piece or as a whole, it is absolutely perfect!

I know a story is good when I keep trying to corner my husband and tell him all about it. Poor Mike, he was trying to sleep and I was talking his ears off, all enthusiastic and giggly. But, oh… how wonderful this tangled mess was; how beautifully their stories got to entwine; how full of fun and crazy cuteness their adventures were; how undeniable and tangible the chemistry between them really was.

To be honest I was expecting some fluff summer-story, silly me, but He+She is a lot more than that. Even though it borrows a few common elements from the genre it belongs to, with the optimism of Shea + the honesty of Hew + the freshness of the plot itself, this book shines on its own. Not to mention that the ‘dark past’ element had an actual purpose – I bet you’ve noticed that it is usually used just to grab the attention, but in this particular case it had full depth, it actually defined the characters, the contours of their souls and the reasons behind their actions.

There were things that left me with my mouth hanging wide open in surprise. In fact there were even some mouth watering scenes. Also there was this ‘giggleness’, this deep feeling of rightness you only get when you read a complex story that’s been broken into tiny little pieces that slowly start to fit together.

This is the best NA I've ever read and probably one of the very best contemporary stories on my list!

Michelle has become suddenly one of my top favourite authors. I can’t wait to read more from her! And I can’t wait too for He+She to be officially released, because I want it on my shelf really-really badly!

Happy midnight reading!

*Find the complete review at: ReadingAfterMidnight.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read He + She.

April 22, 2014 – Shelved
April 22, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
April 23, 2014 – Shelved as: can-t-wait
April 23, 2014 – Shelved as: need-so-badly
May 16, 2014 – Started Reading
May 16, 2014 –
10.0% "I should be working... \n Well, for all that my clients know I AM working (sssstt, our secret!). But I can't help it, so I read a chapter or two in between tasks. \n \n Love these characters, love their conversations, their lines of thought.. Umm.. why am I updating you instead of reading or (you know..) working? :p"
May 16, 2014 – Shelved as: arc-galley-or-author
May 16, 2014 –
17.0% "Was that a Wander Dust reference I just found? Oh, that is cute! :D"
May 16, 2014 –
77.0% "This books is nothing like I thought it would be.. and that's a good thing, obviously ^_^"
May 16, 2014 –
87.0% "Oh, I want this story to be made into a movie! Any producer around to hear my plea?"
May 17, 2014 –
100.0% "Finished it late into the night, went to sleep thinking of it ♥"
May 17, 2014 – Shelved as: best-of
March 20, 2015 – Shelved as: by-color-rainbow
August 28, 2016 – Shelved as: signed
March 6, 2018 – Shelved as: mixed

message 1: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Warren Eeeep!! Omgosh! So excited that you loved it!! <3 I love, love the banner. You are so talented!! <3 I can't wait for the review!

Ariana You can't imagine the happiness I feel when I love a book this much! ♥
I really hope that EVERYONE will love it, because it is absolutely beautiful! (I am ever re-reading my favourite parts)

PS: I am working on the full review, it will be up this Monday ;)

message 3: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Warren ♥ Thank you so much!! ♥

message 4: by Rebecca (new) - added it

Rebecca Beautiful review!! I cannot wait to read this.

message 5: by Roshni (new) - added it

Roshni  Ajmal Amazing review cant wait to read it !!!

Ariana Thank you! Have fun with it, when you get the chance, and I really hope that you will end up loving it just as much!

message 7: by Samhy (new) - added it

Samhy I put it on my wishlist.

message 8: by Ariana (last edited May 26, 2014 10:30AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ariana Glad to hear that, i hope that you will enjoy it too.

When many more people will read it I think that spoilers will start to appear all over Goodreads (hopefully they will mark them as such), I suggest to avoid them and go into the story blindly, letting it take you by surprise, you will love that ;)

message 9: by Bailey (new) - added it

Bailey do you know when the release date of this
book is? I can't seem to find it anywhere

Ariana The 2nd of June, so you don't have to wait for long now :)

message 11: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa I am purchasing this book solely on your review! Excited to read!

Ariana Oh... That fills me both with joy and panic, LOL.
Other people I recommended it to did enjoy it, so I hope that you will just as much ;)