Leah's Reviews > Kingdom of Heroes

Kingdom of Heroes by Jay  Phillips

I received a digital copy of this novel in exchange for my honest review of it.

Kingdom of Heroes is about one super hero (The Detective) being released from a prison that holds supers to help the leader of the United States, Agent America discover who killed one of The Seven (the leaders of the new America), in exchange for his freedom. Of course, nothing is that simple, especially since Agent America is a bastard who’s created a Utopian society at the expense of freedom.

The Detective was a such a well written character, and I just wanted him to get out of the craziness that was the new US of A and get his ass back up to Canada. He should have left, but he was a hero. He had to see his mission through. He had to have the answers to this mystery, even though he didn’t care about the majority of The Seven.

The Detective was the ONLY redeemable character in this. I didn’t care about any of The Seven, and I honestly believed they ALL should have been killed. “I was just following orders” is never a legit excuse in any society, when it comes to murder and the revocation of freedoms.

I went ahead and gave this a 4 out 5 stars (though my real thoughts are around a 3.5) because it did keep me entertained, The Detective was a great character, and the readers got to see inside the killer’s mind via a journal and knew why he was killing The Seven. Everything else about this novel was just OK. Except for the instant love. It was unnecessary and unrealistic. (view spoiler)

Decent novel, with grammatical and some other minor mistakes. To me, those issues didn’t take me out of the story, so 3.5 out of 5 stars. I would try this author’s work again.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kingdom of Heroes.

April 22, 2014 – Shelved
April 22, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
May 6, 2014 – Started Reading
May 10, 2014 –
3.0% "Just started this."
5.0% "Mesh."