Kim at Divergent Gryffindor's Reviews > Will the Real Abi Saunders Stand Up

Will the Real Abi Saunders Stand Up by Sara Hantz

Apr 22, 2014

it was ok
bookshelves: rating-2-stars, read-2015, from-netgalley

When kickboxer Abi Saunders was offered to be the stunt double for her idol Tilly Watson, she was surprised and scared to do it, especially because of her stutter. But when everyone encouraged her to do it, she finally agreed. As time passed by, Abi learned to have confidence in herself and also, who her true friends are.

Will the Read Abi Saunders Stand Up was a book that seemed exciting at first, but was a huge disappointment. The manner of speaking and the tone of the whole book felt tense and unnatural. Abi was whiny and bitchy, and for being 18, she sure acts like she's around 14 or so. Abi was, simply put, an ungrateful bitch for most of the book, not caring about anyone but herself.

The only that I liked about this book was how supportive her friends and family were, and how everything came together with Tilly in the end. Aside from those, I didn't think there were anything to like.

I felt like the book had a lot of potential when I first read the synopsis, but the book was not able to live up to it. The book didn't capture my attention, and I found myself skimming over the book rather than reading everything. For most parts during the end, I didn't feel like reading anything but the conversations. This book was not for me, and I had a hard time convincing myself to finish it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Will the Real Abi Saunders Stand Up.

April 22, 2014 – Shelved