B.E.Love's Reviews > The Trap

The Trap by Beverley Kendall

bookshelves: i-need-book-2-3-4-author

**3rd re-read, and I cried again reading it**
re-read, I cried the second time around, now I have to dig into Trapped:}.

Let me fist start by saying you MUST read this, but let me follow that up with two pieces of advice 1) bring a box of tissue(yes you will need it, 2) be prepared you will be kicking yourself if Trapped isn't out and you have to wait for more. Oh MY GOSH this book was not amazing, it wasn't great it wasn't good it was mind blowingly insanely, awesome, to give this book 5 stars is like kicking a cute puppy. I so wish I didn't have to wait to read Trapped. This book left me in tears and wishing I could jump into this book to tar, feather, beat with nails(I'm trying to be creative) Mitch and then run him over with a semi truck dragging a infested brick house behind it. I can't wait to see if Beverly Kendal redeems Mitch, I don't know that she can and yet I really, really hope she does. And if she does I am nominating her for The president of the USA because she can obviously perform miracles.

Mitch and Paige have dated for years and are deeply in love, now Mitch is away at college and Paige plans to join him after junior college. But then Paige finds out she is pregnant and though she never planned this she loves Mitch and always knew they would one day have kids she just thought it would be after college and marriage. When Paige tells Mitch he is shocked and not happy but he loves Paige and starts to make plans in his head till one day he is at Paige's house and Paige's mom tells him something that changes his world upside down. Now Mitch doesn't trust Paige or her stories, and now the pregnancy isn't the only thing Paige will have to deal with.

Talk about breaking my heart, just thinking about this book literally brings me to tears. I felt so sad for Paige but I also felt such pride in her, she is an amazing woman. I also fell in love with Mitch's sister she is one phenomenal woman. The writing of this book blew me away, I wasn't reading this book I was living this book and experiencing everything like I was Paige. I don't know that I will be able to sleep tonight but I do know that this story will stay with me, and I know that I will be stalking Ms. Kendall for any minuscule amount of info. on the next book. I really hope this is a series because I would love to see Paige and Mitch's friends get books, but mostly I want Paige to get a happy ending that is so sweet my teeth ache and I want Mitch to grovel, and suffer and I want him to have beg, borrow, and steal for Paige's forgiveness. I'm talking bring on the worlds best grovel I hope he suffers and that Mrs. Kendall can make me love him.

I hope everyone reads this book, And I know that if I had waited to read this till Trapped was out I would not be suffering right now but man this suffering is worth it if I got to read this novella. This may be one of the best if not the best book I have read this entire year so far. I've read tons of really great books but this book blew me away, and left me raws and my emotions laying on the floor. Please June come quick I'm not sure how I will be able to survive, or better yet please let me get an ARC of trapped so that my torture can end. I have never read a book by Beverley Kendall but I can say right now that she is going on my list of needed authors. Now I have to go and put the release date for Trapped into my iPhone so that I can rest a little easy knowing that if I have to wait I have this next book marked so that I can buy it the second I have that option.
*thank you Netgallery and Season Publishing for this ARC copy for my review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Trap.

April 22, 2014 – Shelved
April 22, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
May 26, 2014 – Shelved as: i-need-book-2-3-4-author
February 29, 2016 – Started Reading
February 29, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)

message 1: by Vashti (new)

Vashti I have read historicals which I enjoyed by this author.Enjoy yr read :)

B.E.Love Vashti wrote: "I have read historicals which I enjoyed by this author.Enjoy yr read :)"

good to know, I have never read a historical romance except for R.L. Mathewson's book :}

Jona Amazing review, BELove!

B.E.Love Jona wrote: "Amazing review, BELove!"

Thanks Jona, it took me forever to shut my brain off of this book and actually be able to go to sleep

Jen Great review!

B.E.Love Jen wrote: "Great review!"

thanks sweetie:]

Rahuella Great review! So, which one should I start to read? The trap or Trapped?

B.E.Love Rahuella wrote: "Great review! So, which one should I start to read? The trap or Trapped?"

Thanks sweetie, definitely start with this one, it's the start of their story and prequel:}

message 9: by Deserie (new) - added it

Deserie williams wow great review:) was this series safe? I'm a little nervous as to what much found about about Paige and what Mitch did that he has to grovel?

B.E.Love Deserie wrote: "wow great review:) was this series safe? I'm a little nervous as to what much found about about Paige and what Mitch did that he has to grovel?"

I only read the 2 books, but I loved them(as you could tell lol) so there is no cheating, they do break up and during that (at the beginning of Trapped ) the H is kissing a girl she has her shirt off but everything else is on and his sister walks in and he walks the girl home. Thats the only situation in the book. A comment is even made that he has gotten really buff and it's because he pretty much works out all the time instead of other things. condoms (since you didn't ask and I know you lol) they don't use them they are in a committed relationship and she is on the pill.

I can spoil what she does and what he has to grovel for if you would like. I will say what the h "does" isn't what you think.

message 11: by Deserie (new) - added it

Deserie williams So he does try and move on? does he sleep with ow during separation? does heroine? lol thank you for the condom info. im ok with that as long as it's the h and H who don't use them:) yes please .spoil it

message 12: by Deserie (new) - added it

Deserie williams oh and how long were they broken up for? how long has it been when he was making out with that girl? did he have clothes on?

message 13: by B.E.Love (last edited Mar 02, 2016 08:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

B.E.Love Deserie wrote: "So he does try and move on? does he sleep with ow during separation? does heroine? lol thank you for the condom info. im ok with that as long as it's the h and H who don't use them:) yes please .sp..."

Neither sleep with anyone else that situation I talked about(with the girl) is as close as it gets(and he is fully clothed), the H goes on 2 dates(with that girl) and that situation is the last, and no one else. the h goes on a study date with a guy he thinks it's more but it's not, and she tells him. Good to know how you feel about the condoms I never knew for sure why you asked lol but I feel the same.

ok spoilers (view spoiler)

B.E.Love Deserie wrote: "oh and how long were they broken up for? how long has it been when he was making out with that girl? did he have clothes on?"

they are broken up for about 13-14 months. The girl happens just before he comes home(so about 14 months) both have all clothes on except for her shirt(but she does have bra on).

message 15: by Deserie (new) - added it

Deserie williams hmmmm I don't like that. What an ass! so I'm assuming h never even kisses anyone like he has?also how do we know for sure he didnt have sex with anyone else? was that the only girl he messed with? im sure his intentions were to sleep with her had the sister didn't walk in? did h find out about ow? was h a virgin before?what about hero's sexual past?

B.E.Love Deserie wrote: "hmmmm I don't like that. What an ass! so I'm assuming h never even kisses anyone like he has?also how do we know for sure he didnt have sex with anyone else? was that the only girl he messed with? ..."

she doesn't kiss anyone else, he says he hasn't been with anyone else so I do know he hasn't been with anyone besides her. He did think he was going to have sex with the other girl, the h never found out but I don't think it was kept from her either, the H had been with others before her but it is never said if he slept with others before her, they both get together in high school.

message 17: by Deserie (new) - added it

Deserie williams Thank you. I'll have to think about this one. It's bad enough he left her alone over something like that but then to go and try and move on that upsets me! ! At least he didn't before that but he would have:/lol

B.E.Love your welcome:]

Rahuella Thank you :) definitely gonna read this one! Btw, sorry for late response, still didn't get notifications from GR :(

B.E.Love Rahuella wrote: "Thank you :) definitely gonna read this one! Btw, sorry for late response, still didn't get notifications from GR :("

your welcome, and no problem that happens all the time to me too:} I hope you like it as much as I did.