Guido Henkel's Reviews > Writers Workshop of Horror

Writers Workshop of Horror by Michael Knost

Feb 26, 2010

This assortment of tips from countless horror writers is filled with lots of good advice and tips for budding writers and those who simply want to refresh their memory when it comes to good style and effectiveness in the genre.

I have read a lot of books on writing and as such "Writers Workshop of Horror" didn't have a whole lot of new to add to the subject. Most of what is presented here I have read or heard elsewhere before. That is not necessarily a bad thing but for well-read authors, its information content may be somewhat diminished as a result. The information that is offered is solid advice and valuable, no doubt. It also offers a glimpse into the way other writers work and approach their projects which may give readers ideas and alternatives they may not have thought of before.

Some of the entries are rather short and unfortunately the contributions by some of the bigger name authors - the once I most looked forward to - are actually interview excerpts on the subject of their writing.

Still, overall, "Writers Workshop of Horror" is a solid book that surely holds enough information and advice for any writer working in the genre.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Writers Workshop of Horror.