Nikoleta's Reviews > ttfn

ttfn by Lauren Myracle

Feb 25, 2010

bookshelves: grade-8-ir-book

TTFN is about Angela, Maddie and Zoe. They are three best friends that cannot live without each other. However, when Angela's dad gets a job in California they have to split up. Angela has to leave everything behing and she is not happy at all. At the same time Zoe starts dating Doug, who used to like Angela, but does not anymore. However, now Angela decides to give him a chance even if they are far away. Zoe decides to keep her little relationship a secret from Angela and tells Maddie not to tell her. On the other side Maddie meets this guy Chive who leads her in to the wrong direction- smoking pot. The problem is, he has a girlfriend but Maddie doesn't care, she just wants to be with Chive. In the end Angela decides to go back home by herself because she is so pissed of California. Later her mother lets her stay with her aunt.
During reading this book, I made a text-to-self connection. When I moved here (in the U.S.) from Bulgaria I had to leave almost all of my friends behind. Just like what happens with Angela. However, in here I found a lot of good friends. Angela doesn't find one friend, she is like an outsider. The only person that wants to hang out with her is the biggest loser. But Angela ditches everything and goes back home to her friends. I think that that was the right choice for her.
I would definitely give this book 5 stars. I like how the author did the pages of the book(chat). Also I like how the story proceeds and it's never boring. I would recommend this book mainly to girls that like to read about teenager stuff.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read ttfn.