GONZA's Reviews > From Souk to Souk: Travels Through the Middle East

From Souk to Souk by Robin Ratchford

Delightful book, the trips of the author to the major capitals of the Middle East: going from Instambul to a Syria that had not yet been ravaged by war and then visiting Damascus and Aleppo. Continuing through all the various nuances of the money through Dubai and Qatar to arrive in Arabia Felix, i.e. Yemen which is drying. Then move from Afghanistan and Iraq, as not to miss anything. Charming

Libro delizioso, i viaggi dell'autore nelle maggiori capitali del medio oriente: partire da Instambul passando per una Siria che ancora non era stata devastata dalla guerra e visitando quindi Damasco ed Aleppo Proseguire attraverso tutte le varie sfumature dei soldi attraverso Dubai e il Qatar per arrivare nell'Arabia Felix, nello Yemen che si sta seccando. Passare poi dall'Afghanistan e dall'Iraq, cosí, tanto per non farsi mancare niente.
Affascinante.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND TROUBADOR PUBLISHING LTD. FOR THE PREVIEW!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read From Souk to Souk.

April 7, 2014 – Started Reading
April 18, 2014 – Shelved
April 18, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by ZDR (new) - rated it 3 stars

ZDR Robin Ratchford is actually a man.

GONZA this explains a lot

message 3: by ZDR (new) - rated it 3 stars

ZDR Yeah, I think that was one of my (minor) criticisms of the book - I didn't know anything about the author or his motivations (or that he was a man, until I Googled him). But I do agree with your review - the book doe well with the nuance and is quite charming in places!

GONZA until I checked him out I was really sure she was a woman....probably because he was always shopping around ;)