Maureen's Reviews > Stardust

10762033

liked it
bookshelves: 2014

3.5/5

I really enjoyed this book! Even if I enjoyed the movie more than the book.
I love that this is an adult fairytale & I love the comedy aspects of it, but part of it felt like a not totally complete story, whereas the movie really did bring things around.
Regardless, I LOVE Neil Gaiman's writing style and storytelling. He truly is a master story teller! The audiobook was narrated by him and it made the story that much better because of it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stardust.

April 17, 2014 – Shelved
April 17, 2014 – Shelved as: 2014
April 26, 2014 –
27.0% "Liking it so far! It's a lot different than the movie though."
September 28, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
June 20, 2016 – Started Reading
June 30, 2016 –
67.0% ""Adventures are all very well in their place , he thought, but there’s a lot to be said for regular meals and freedom from pain." AMEN TRISTAN AMEN."
July 1, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Andria (new)

Andria Henry OMG I literally watched this today. What's the possibility?!

James Lawner To this day, I still don't like the movie all that much (I've seen it twice), I think the novel is better, but the movie had more to do and did some things better than the novel did, but I do like the novel's ending over the movie's.

Maureen James wrote: "To this day, I still don't like the movie all that much (I've seen it twice), I think the novel is better, but the movie had more to do and did some things better than the novel did, but I do like ..."
It's so interesting to see what other people like differently! I personally liked the movie ending more because ACTION and such, but I can see how people would like the book ending more. There are some things I liked better in the book (namely the man in the top hat that pops up toward the beginning) but I LOVED the ship scenes in the movie!

Maureen Andria wrote: "OMG I literally watched this today. What's the possibility?!"
MAGICAL

message 5: by Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ (last edited Jul 16, 2016 03:22PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Omg!! I loved and have this movie! I'm such an idiot, I didn't know it was a book and by Neil G! I have to get this. :-)

message 6: by Komil (new)

Komil Pulotov I totally agree that the story didn't seem fully complete. The ending seemed like Neil Gaiman just got tired of writing the book and just ended it. The ending was kind of cliche in my opinion. I guess what its trying to say is how bad it is to be an immortal because everyone you love will pass away. His writing style really matched the story and the theme.