Joana Silva's Reviews > Copyright

Copyright by Lori Lesko

Apr 17, 2014

bookshelves: adult, fiction

As seen originally on my blog: Coffee Break

WOW, what a thrilling story. I felt so excited for reading this book that I hope there is a second one to know what happens to the characters afterwards.

Amber Tyler, the main character, was living a perfect life with her two kids, her girlfriend Karen and a brilliant career as a writer. Until one day her health decides to play a trick on her, and after that her life decides to play a trick on her. All of a sudden a nightmare begins. We follow her on her the recovery of what is hers, with the ups and downs of her life during those days. She gets exposed to her weaknesses, she has to fight and be stronger to avoid losing everything.

I love the cover of the book. It’s simple and after reading it I can see how perfect it is for the story.

All the characters are amazing and they could be the person living next door to you, since they are so real. Amber is a woman with weaknesses, but also a fighter and very strong at some points. Her relationship with the kids, especially with the younger one, Kyra, is beautiful, and Kyra is really cute. Karen, her girlfriend, struggles to have the old Amber back the best way she can, even if she has to be tough. We can read about the desperation of people on the same situation as them.

The writing is simple, the plot is original and intense. There are several twists that made me keep reading and took my breath away. It’s a book full of mystery, suspense and action. It also has some of the “true life drama” which makes it seem very realistic, and that makes it even more interesting.

If someday I find there is a second book about this family, I’ll sure read it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Copyright.

April 17, 2014 – Started Reading