Sarah's Reviews > The Kraken King and the Scribbling Spinster

The Kraken King and the Scribbling Spinster by Meljean Brook

I liked this first installment in the serial, but I just think serials are not really my jam. I just want a complete book. This kind of bums me out because I love that serials have come back, since they're such an old school thing. I guess if I want a short does, I'd prefer a short story or novella.

From what I read, I think this will be a solid installment in this series. I really was intrigued by Zenobia, and love her inquisitive nature. The world building continues to be A+ as well.

One last note: It was a bit disappointing that over 50% of this e-ARC was promo for The Iron Duke (a book I hated, fwiw) because with the length shown, I'd assumed this would be a more substantial beginning to the story.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kraken King and the Scribbling Spinster.

Started Reading
April 16, 2014 – Shelved
April 16, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Melindeeloo If part I ended at 50% in your arc you might check, some of the ARCs had part II after the Iron Duke excerpt. I only had part I and mine ended at 80%

message 2: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Melindeeloo wrote: "If part I ended at 50% in your arc you might check, some of the ARCs had part II after the Iron Duke excerpt. I only had part I and mine ended at 80%"

Heh... interesting--I will check! Mine stopped at 43% or so, which I thought was really weird.

Thank you!