UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish's Reviews > Romancing Mister Bridgerton

Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia Quinn

Feb 24, 2010

bookshelves: 2010-reads, author-julia-quinn, historical-romance, historical-romance-series, own-have-read, reviewed-by-me, recd-by-friends, 5-stars
Read from February 24 to 25, 2010 — I own a copy

My Review:

What a fabulously fun read! I adored Colin and Penelope and especially Lady Danbury! Revisiting the rest of the Bridgerton family was truly a joy :)
Colin and Penelope make the perfect match and seeing close childhood friends grow into loving, adult soul mates was one of the greatest highlights in my reading adventures this year. I was smiling from the beginning to the end – laughing out loud and sighing often.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Romancing Mister Bridgerton.

02/24/2010 page 112
30.27% "This is the funniest of the Bridgerton books I've read so far. Love me some Lady Whistledown'tude." 2 comments
02/24/2010 page 112
30.27% "OMG, Colin asking Lady Featherington's permission to marry Penelope... tooooo funny!!!" 12 comments
02/25/2010 page 370
100.0% "What a great story!"
05/06/2016 marked as: own-have-read

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* A beautiful, short and sweet review, Dhestiny! I agree. I love this book.

message 2: by Lynsey A (new)

Lynsey A This was one of my favorite Bridgerton books! From the moment Penelope was introduced I thought she was great and was so happy to see her paired with Colin. When he announces who he is going to marry? *sigh* I loved that! What a fun read!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Hay, Lynsey! This is easily my favorite of the series and so far, the only one I've given a 5 star rating to.

message 4: by Lynsey A (new)

Lynsey A This one and When He Was Wicked are my favorites. You'll have to let me know what you think of that one.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I'm working my way through To Sir Phillip, With Love now and it's ok... she just took a nasty 'fall' and is all bruised up. Those kids are a mess!

Cheryl LOVED this book! LOVE the whole series but I really loved Colin. The end of this book was sooooo sweet when they were at the ball and the things Colin said about Penelope in front of everyone, oh, it was great!

I'm so glad you are loving this series as much as I do!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I truly am, Cheryl. The books are light, funny and so romantic. I love me some Bridgertons!

Cheryl They are definitely 'feel good' books! Of course, it has been my experience that most of Julia Quinn's books are feel good type books. What a great author!

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Lynsey Azkedelia wrote: "This one and When He Was Wicked are my favorites. You'll have to let me know what you think of that one."

Yes, Romancing Mister Bridgerton and When He Was Wicked are my faves of the series, too, Lynsey.

Interested to see what you think of When He Was Wicked, Dhestiny! I know you loved Again the Magic so I think you'll love When He Was Wicked. Though, it's not as "feel good" as the others, and you seem to be in the mood for feel good books after your traumatic experience with Whitney My Love. ^_^

message 10: by Holly (new)

Holly Great review once again. I enjoyed the first book of the series, so I look forward to getting to this one soon. :)

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Cheryl wrote: "LOVED this book! LOVE the whole series but I really loved Colin. The end of this book was sooooo sweet when they were at the ball and the things Colin said about Penelope in front of everyone, oh..."

I agree, Cheryl! I really LOVE the Bridgertons!

And I thought Colin and Penelope's first love scene was one of the most tender ones I've read, because it was in that moment, just before, that he realised he loved her. *Sighs* I adore Colin and Penelope together.

Cheryl Lady Jayne wrote: "When He Was Wicked is the most passionate and heart-wrenching of all the Bridgertons IMO.
"

I completely agree! It was not feel-good most of the way through! It took my emotions on a roller coaster, but in a good way. It was amazing and by far the steamiest of them all!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thank you for all your comments, ladies - I'm enjoying the discussion. There's something special in the way Quinn writes her characters... I become invested in them - their happiness and their sorrow, their past, present and future... such great stories!

Lady Jane - Whitney was so hard on me that at this point, Les Miserables would seem light. LOL I can take "dark and tormented" as long there's enough happiness to balance it out.

message 14: by Rane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rane I loved this book to bits and cried at the end and still very attached to the leads till this day :D
Great Review UM~!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thank you, Rane! Yes, it was a joy to read! *hugs*

Cheryl Me too Rane! Great ending!!!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Yeah, the things he said to her in front of everyone... *sigh*

valee I have finally ordered book3 and 4 in my library. Can't wait for them to call me so I can finally keep reading this wonderful series.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I can't wait to hear what you think of them, Vale! They have a uniqueness about them. I can't put my finger on it - and I've tried. There's something almost magical about the relationships within and outside of the Bridgerton family.

valee I loved the first 2. I heard the third is not as good as those, but that the 4th is even better than the first 3. Can't wait to read them.

message 21: by K. (new) - rated it 5 stars

K. UM: I'm another devotee of this book! And having endured poor Penelope's angst over both Colin and her mother's choice in clothing and less than exemplary praise since book one of the series ... I couldn't be happier for her outcome! Not to mention the famous "I'm not going to marry Penelope" quote! Rich! Just ONE of the reasons Julia Q. is one of my absolutely favorite authors. Regardless of her "lows," her highs are over the top! :)
K.

message 22: by K. (new) - rated it 5 stars

K. Vale wrote: "I loved the first 2. I heard the third is not as good as those, but that the 4th is even better than the first 3. Can't wait to read them."

Vale: Book 3 may not be a "favorite" for everyone, but in many poles its still a favorite for many. It's that good, but may not "shine" amongst this series. Basically what I'm saying is it's well worth your attention. In a re-read of the series, I wouldn't skip it even though it's not a "favorite" of mine either. I'd still enjoy revisiting Benedict and Sophie's story! Hope that helps! :)
K.

message 23: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish (last edited Feb 28, 2010 09:03AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I've loved all the books for different reasons, and JQ has a great way of making all the characters different, but just as enjoyable.

There was something special about the interaction at the end, in the jail - seeing the wicked step mom get 'hers' and Posy finally kind of became a heroine in her own right. I enjoyed the 'magic' in this book.

message 24: by Jade (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jade I loooved that book. I need to read the other ones but I started with this one b/c I hears so many good things about it. Lady Landbury was fantastic :D Good review, Dhes, short and straight to the point, there was many sighs and laughs on my part too.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thank you, sweetheart! So good to see your smile! I miss it!!

message 26: by Jade (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jade Aw, thanks, I'm often too tired at the end of the day to get more active on GR, but I should try to make the effort, cos I miss awesome peeps like you here :)