Lady of the Lake's Reviews > Lord of Legends

Lord of Legends by Susan Krinard

Feb 24, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: historical-myth, historical-fantasy, pnr-magical-romance, fantasy, 1800-s, kindle, e-book, 1650, 16th-century
Read from June 20 to 24, 2010

Well perhaps 2.5 stars...I won't even bother to tell you anything about this book as so many have done wonderful jobs of it already...The only thing I can say is it never came together for me... and I am really easy to please with books as I go into fiction as fiction especially fantasy fiction I leave it to the author to put together anything they want that makes them happy and I will buy into it..usually. As long as the main characters speak to me and has a few good secondary characters to round out the cast...this, after the start, left me flat. Simple as that. The last handful of pages gave them the HEA but I didn't care so much about it. Perhaps I was just suffering from Krinard burn out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord of Legends.

06/20/2010 "Right off the bat I'm remembering some of the story and WHY it is starting the way it is! Won't say now (it would be a spoiler) I KNOW I'm a glutton for punishment ...however I can't stop myself...like a moth into a flame!  "
06/23/2010 "not keeping my interest..I'll finish it but it's certainly not keeping me awake to do so..not that the first two did either..but at least i finished them quickly..I think I may be burned out on the Fane series.."