Dawn Sister's Reviews > The Last Time We Saw Marion

The Last Time We Saw Marion by Tracey Scott-Townsend

This book reads like a song with verses and choruses, the many voices of a choir that sing as one and an ending that brings you back to the beginning. It takes you on a journey that flies you in a straight line that bends and winds all over the place.

Does this explanation confuse? Well it shouldn't and neither did this story despite its flitting between points of view and its change from first to third person and back again. Not at any point did I feel I had lost the thread so well was it woven.

Tracey weaves such a haunting tale that reads so smoothly I began reading and couldn't stop until I'd finished.

It's a little hard to describe the contents of the story it is just too complicated. Let's just say it is a story of tragedy, loss, regret, lives torn apart and trying to heal against all odds and an ending that gave me chills and left me feeling extremely unsettled but in a good way because I would have been disappointed if it had ended any other way.

So, no spoilers, read it yourself and find out just what it's all about.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Time We Saw Marion.

April 15, 2014 – Started Reading