Silver James's Reviews > Own the Wind

Own the Wind by Kristen Ashley

bookshelves: 2015-books-read, keeper, reread, motorcycle, audio-books, 2017-books-read, auto-buy-series, suspense, dark-and-dirty, 2018-books-read, 2019-books-read
Read 6 times. Last read February 9, 2019 to February 10, 2019.

Own the Wind (Chaos, #1) by Kristen Ashley Shy and Tabby always break my heart, and then put it back together. I want to hit him, shake her, and totally lay into Tyra, Tack, and the brothers. Every. Time. This is the SIXTH time I've read or listened to this book. And it still makes me feel like this. WTG, Kristen. WTG, honey!

[July '18 review]I re-listened to this series just this spring because of a novella that came out. And now a full novel is coming. The brothers of Chaos and their old ladies is little like coming home so I'm happy to renew acquaintances in anticipation of Hound's story. S'all good and listening to Shy and Tabby fall in love all over again is always worth the time.

I seem to come back to this series every year or so. Once again a spring reading slump and once again, the hot guy bikers and their old ladies make me laugh, sniffle, and occasionally cry. Still not a fan of this narrator but Shy and Tabby are worth it!

Looking for some "comfort reads"* when I hit a reading slump (life too busy to deal with new stuff on top of all the new stuff life was tossing at me), I was scrolling through my digital bookshelf and realized I hadn't "read" Ms. Ashley's various series in awhile. After listening to MOTORCYCLE MAN, I knew I'd have to embark on a listen of the Chaos MC books. Sadly, the narrator for this book was different from the Rock Chick and other Chaos books. There were also some production value issues that while mostly minor were still jarring to me as a listener. For that reason, the audio version gets dropped down to a 4. Still...Shy and Tabby FTW!

1st reread review: My original hasn't changed much with my reread of this book. After reading Ms. Ashley's most recent Chaos MC book, WALK THROUGH FIRE, I had to embark on a reread of the series, as one does when reading this author. It was just as good the 2nd time around. Still catnip. Still wow.

Original review: Catnip. Totally. Tabby and Shy's story. Wow.

*any book that I can reread multiple times, knowing the story and knowing I will STILL enjoy the heck out of it
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Own the Wind.

April 15, 2014 – Shelved