Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > Angel Bait

Angel Bait by Tricia Skinner

bookshelves: favorites, fav-angel-books, 5-stars

~ 4.5 Angel Stars ~

Wow! I loved it! Angel Bait is the prequel to Angle Kin . Yes their are some discrepancies between the prequel and the book Angel Kin, due to the author being with a different publisher for Angel Bait. The discrepancies do not take away from the story. We get action, adventure, incite into Heaven, the brother's and love that heals old wounds.

Jarrid, a Nephilim, an assassin is closed off from his emotions. He see's his job as a way to show Heaven that he and his brother's are worthy and not abominations as everyone see's them as. I liked Jarrid and his growth as a character. Once he hooks up with Ionie things start to change inside him and he questions himself. I liked the struggle he faced. Ionie, a reporter, an open minded intelligent women. I liked Ionie and her way of thinking as well as her strength of character. I liked the way the attraction was built; between Jarrid and Ionie, you felt the connection. The sex scene is sensual and well written. Ms. Skinner had me fanning myself.

I enjoyed learning more about the brother's and why they are Heavens assassins as well as getting to see into the past through Tanis eyes. I enjoyed this eye opener experience were we get to learn more about the Renegades, Nephilim and Watchers. I did not expect to see Heaven as the not so open minded place as we think it is. It's an interesting twist. I can't wait for more books to see how this plays out. We get good starter descriptions of the brothers and their personalities. I hope this series gets to play out and each brother gets his own book. I look forward to reading more books in the Angel Assassins series.

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel Bait.

April 14, 2014 – Shelved
April 24, 2014 – Finished Reading
June 25, 2014 – Shelved as: favorites
September 3, 2014 – Shelved as: fav-angel-books
December 23, 2015 – Shelved as: 5-stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Tricia Skinner I had to post a thank you. A year after its release, and many months after it was removed for sale due to my publisher change over, you read it and left a review. THAT is dedication and it's so very appreciated. You're exactly the type of reader I write these books for. I hope ANGEL LOVER (Kas's book) will also meet with your approval.

Trish

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures) Tricia wrote: "I had to post a thank you. A year after its release, and many months after it was removed for sale due to my publisher change over, you read it and left a review. THAT is dedication and it's so ver..."

You are welcome Tricia. I found that my library had an eCopy of the prequel and was thrilled to get a hold of it. I am enjoying your writing, characters and plot. I look forward to Angel Lover.