Effie's Reviews > Bitten

Bitten by Kelley Armstrong

Feb 22, 2010

bookshelves: 5-stars, adult-books, 2011-read, to-be-reviewed
Read from March 14 to 31, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bitten.

Quotes Effie Liked

Kelley Armstrong
“You know, I couldn't imagine living somewhere without seasons."
Yeah?"
Real seasons, I mean. I'd miss the changes, the variety. Especially spring. I couldn't live without spring. Days like today are worth every snowstorm and slush puddle. By March, it seems like winter will never end. All that snow and ice that seemed so wonderful in December is driving you crazy. But you know spring's coming. Every year, you wait for that first warm day, then the next and the next, each better than the last. You can't help but be happy. You forget winter and get the chance to start over. Fresh possibilities."
A fresh start.”

“You forget, darling.
I am the local psychopath.”

“I called. Why wasn't anyone here?"- Elena
We were here." Clay said. "Around, anyway. You should have left a message."
I did. Two hours ago." - Elena
Well that explains it. I've been out, by the gate all day, waiting for you, and you know Jer never checks the machine."- Clayton
I didn't know how Clay had known I was coming back today when I hadn't left a message. Nor did I question why he'd spent the entire day waiting at the gate. Clay's behavior couldn't be measured by human standard's of normalcy... or by any standards of normalcy at all.
Bitten”

Kelley Armstrong
“What's this?" Nick said. "Bedtime?"
No one answered him. I kept my eyes closed.
You look positively content, Clayton," Nick continued, thumping down on the floor. "That wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that Elena is cuddled up with you, is it?"
It's cold in here," I murmured.
Doesn't feel cold."
It's cold," Clay growled.
I could start a fire."
I could start one too," Clay said. "With your clothes. Before you get them off.”

Kelley Armstrong
“Uh-uh. We've played this game before. I hide. You never seek. I'm a bit slow on the uptake, but I'm beginning to sense a pattern."
- Clay to Elena”

Kelley Armstrong
“As I recall, I was still dressed when I fell asleep."

"Just making sure you were comfortable."

"And making yourself equally comfortable, I see.”

03/18/2011 page 228
show 2 hidden updates…

Alyssa This book was fantastic! Kelley Armstrong is one of my favourite authors. Have you read her YA series?

Effie Alyssa wrote: "This book was fantastic! Kelley Armstrong is one of my favourite authors. Have you read her YA series?"

Yes, and loved them! I love her writing!