MelissaB's Reviews > Something About You

Something About You by Julie James

1320046

bookshelves: 2010-reads, contemporary-romance
Recommended for: fans of fun contemporary romance

Something About You was a quick, fun read that I really enjoyed. Julie James has a writing style that makes you feel like you are either living the heroine's life or are her best friend because she includes a lot of mundane and funny inner thought processes.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Cameron Lynde and FBI agent Jack Pallas don't exactly have a good past after he embarrassed her on national television because she didn't bring an important case to trial. Three years later, Cameron is staying at a hotel when there is a murder in the next room and she catches a glance at the murderer. As luck would have it, FBI agent Jack Pallas happens to be the agent in charge. Cameron and Jack trade barbs with each other as Jack interviews her. Cameron is placed under protection by the local police while Jack tries to solve the crime.

Cameron and Jack are forced through circumstances to spend a lot of time together, where they find much to their dismay that they have an irresistable attraction to each other. After Cameron's life is put in jepardy, Jack goes into full protection mode because she has become important to him. But will Cameron and Jack figure out who the murderer is before he has a chance to get to them?

This was such a fun read! I enjoyed the witty banter and funny inner thought processes. It's a fast read without a lot of extraneous details but the core characters are very engaging. I really enjoyed both Cameron and Jack, they had so much chemistry together. There was a love scene in the book for those afraid of her "fade to black" books, though it wasn't too detailed. There was a lot of sexual tension and fun interludes to enjoy, as the attraction between Jack and Cameron just had to explode sometime.

I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a good, fast-paced contemporary romance. It's a fun way to spend a few hours!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something About You.

February 22, 2010 – Shelved
March 9, 2010 – Started Reading
March 9, 2010 – Shelved as: 2010-reads
March 9, 2010 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
March 10, 2010 –
page 50
16.29% "Wow really good story so far!"
March 10, 2010 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)

message 1: by Auntee (new) - added it

Auntee Nice review Melissa--I need to check this author out!

Rane Great Review Melissa!
*runs off to find a copy*

♡Karlyn P♡ 100% agree with your review! It was a fun book, and I will read more by her now. I love it when the hero/heroine have great chemistry and witty dialog.

SPOILER ALERT!!>>>
I thought the scene on the stairs was pretty risque for this author (albeit quick and short), but bravo to her for upping the steam level from G-rated. I loved the comment "I feel naked without my boots." Uh, maybe because ya are! So cute and great dialog. :-)

>>>END SPOILER<<<

Mahyar Nice review, I loved this book.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) Great review, Melissa. Sounds like a fun read.

MelissaB Thanks girls! It was a really fun read.

KarLynP - yeah the stair scene was fun! There was plenty of steam in this book for those of us who are not fans of G-rated books.

message 7: by Miss Kim (new) - added it

Miss Kim Sounds good, Melissa!

MelissaB Mahyar wrote: "Nice review, I loved this book."

Thanks Mahyar, Julie James has a great writing style! I am looking forward to her next book after reading the exerpt at the end of this one.

message 9: by AgentScully (new) - added it

AgentScully Great review Melissa. I may give this author a try. Was the suspense plot OK or weak?

MelissaB It was ok but we know quickly who the murderer is, just not how/when he/she will be caught and whether they will hurt Cameron or Jack before then.

I had no problems with the suspense but this is more of a contemporary than romantic suspense.

message 11: by Dina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dina Sold! Great review, Melissa!

MelissaB Dina wrote: "Sold! Great review, Melissa!"

Thanks Dina! Hope you like it!

message 13: by Ally72 (new)

Ally72 Super review Melissa! I am definitely going to be getting it. I am glad you enjoyed it!
Ally

MelissaB Alexis wrote: "Super review Melissa! I am definitely going to be getting it. I am glad you enjoyed it!
Ally"

It's worth checking out Alexis!

Samantha Awesome review Melissa!

MelissaB Samantha wrote: "Awesome review Melissa!"

Thanks Samantha!

Willow Brook Sounds like a fun read. I'll have to check it out.

Ronyell Awesome review Melissa!! This book was awesome beyond all reason!!

MelissaB Ronyell wrote: "Awesome review Melissa!! This book was awesome beyond all reason!!"

Thanks Ronyell! I plan on starting the sequel soon.

Ronyell Me too!!