Jess F. (From Me to You ... Book Reviews)'s Reviews > A Baby for Easter

A Baby for Easter by Noelle  Adams

Apr 12, 2014

it was ok

2.5 out of 5 stars. I really made an effort to try liking this novel, but I just couldn't like it as much as I'd hoped. The plot was pretty standard, sweet girl/women moves home to start her life over--falls back into a crush with her high school crush/guy friend--guy friend needs help from her with a big adjustment in his life--they get control of their feelings for one another and realize being together is really the best decision of all. I mean, it's a typical plot but I usually really like that sort of thing. Yet, it's the first novel that I read in a long while that was just of Alice's (the heroine's) POV so it made me not completely like Micah (the hero) that much. Mostly because of how standoffish he seemed towards Alice throughout this novel it made it so I couldn't get a good read on his feelings, just like Alice. Then by the time the wrap up comes and the author is trying to bring them together it seemed just a little forced.

Overall, I guess I could say I wish it flowed better and that the last few pages where Micah really demonstrates his feelings then tells Alice why he was acting the way he was towards her was moved up a bit so the reader could get a better chance to enjoy their relationship more...? I don't know.

I just hope if you plan on reading it you'll enjoy it more so then I did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Baby for Easter.

April 10, 2014 – Started Reading