Douglas Meeks's Reviews > The Kraken King and the Scribbling Spinster

The Kraken King and the Scribbling Spinster by Meljean Brook

I am giving this 5 Stars because I loved the story. This first installment just gives you the basics of a great story and several mysteries.

The heroine has many secrets and you the reader will only know a few of them, the Kraken King (one of his many titles) is more than a mayor of a town that kills a lot of the krakens.

There is the beginning touches of a good romance but this short story beginning only gives us the very basics, these stories being serialized and released about a week apart might prove to be a source of frustration because this has all the earmarks of a really exceptional story and romance.

I will have to see who I can beg/bribe/threaten to get the rest of these as soon as possible :)

NOTE: Maybe it was just me but the first few chapters brought up memories of Romancing The Stone but now that I have finished I think that was a misconception on my part since our heroine has a LOT of secrets.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kraken King and the Scribbling Spinster.

Finished Reading