Brett's Reviews > The Pleasure of Finding Things Out: The Best Short Works of Richard P. Feynman

The Pleasure of Finding Things Out by Richard Feynman

Feb 21, 2010

Read from February 21 to April 09, 2010 — I own a copy

Not quite as good as "Surely You're Joking Mr.Feynman", but still a great read. This book is a collection of essays and transcripts from speeches given by Feynman over the years. It feels a bit of a hodgepodge at times, and some of the chapters are certainly better than others. That said, many of the chapters that are good are very good. The trademark Feynman wit is on display, as is his ease at explaining complex subjects, and a sense of humble curiosity. His chapters explaining his approach to life ring very true to me. Moreover, we also get to read his speculation on nano-science WAY before nano-science was even a field! The book also includes his minority report on the Challenger accident, which was also very insightful. Overall, after you've read SYJMF, I'd recommend this book. I'm sure I'll pick it up for re-reads of a number of chapters in the coming years.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pleasure of Finding Things Out.