Barb (Boxermommyreads)'s Reviews > Revival

Revival by Stephen King

Apr 10, 2014

bookshelves: 2015

I rarely find much wrong with Stephen King books and this one is no exception. I thoroughly enjoyed "Revival" and all it had to offer. To me, not only are King's books scary and thrilling, they are always a deeper look into what makes people tick and while reading this book, you can't help but wonder what makes Charlie Jacobs tick.

In the past,I have been somewhat underwhelmed with King's endings - see "Under the Dome" - but I heard this ending was spectacular and it ended up being everything it was hyped up to be.

Jamie Morton is a man struggling with a lot of inner demons and throughout the book, he has to face them as he faces some "actual" life-like demons in the real world. Morton is flawed, like many of King's characters, but highly likable.

I recommend this book to anyone who loves King or is in the mood for a good thriller. King is a true master of horror because his books are not all about blood and gore, but about the horrors that reside within mankind. What a great way to start the new reading year.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revival.

April 10, 2014 – Shelved