Red's Reviews > Long, Lean and Lethal

Long, Lean and Lethal by Lorie O'Clare

Feb 20, 2010

liked it

Ok. Don't get me wrong the storyline itself was good, actually pretty unique. I have never read a romantic suspense surrounding a group of swingers. That being said I think that made it difficult for Noah and Rain to actually form a bond or relationship. They just didn't seem connected as well as the characters of the previous book. The end was anti-climatic for me as well. I had a hard time connecting with Rain as a character, I just didn't get her.

Let me state again the story is good but if I have to compare it to the first one it is just not on the same level. If I had read this one first I probably would have rated it differently. Now the sex scenes were still smoking hot and right on par with what I expected from the author. With that being said I still think this will be a great series and I can't wait to read the third installment!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Long, Lean and Lethal.

message 1: by Lynsey A (new)

Lynsey A Swingers? That doesn't sound like a book I would like. Hmmm. I like one man, one woman stories. I have the first one in this series as you know. Tho, I don't want to read it if that is what the second one is like. Bummer.

message 2: by Red (new) - rated it 3 stars

Red Lynsey I would let that discourage you from reading it. It really more covers the lifestyle aspect. There is not any swapping of the the two main characters and the rest is implied more so that actually described. It is a particular group of people that are targeted in the crimes that are happening.

message 3: by Lynsey A (new)

Lynsey A Thanks, Jennifer. I can deal with it as long as it isn't the main couple. I feel much better about it. Thanks!