Eon ♒Windrunner♒ 's Reviews > Homeland

Homeland by R.A. Salvatore

I should not be surprised that I really loved this book. I have heard the name of Drizzt mentioned many times in conversations regarding awesome characters, but somehow managed to avoid reading this book until now. I'm not sure if I should be sad that I have only discovered this series now, or happy that I have so many wonderful books to look forward to.

Upon starting this book I struggled a bit getting to know the world of the drow (why is everyone so evil? Ah, villain POV) and kept wondering what was happening. Luckily this only lasted up until the birth of the main character Drizzt Do'Urden. The story really took off from there and kept me in it up to the ending which I thought could have been a bit more climatic, but is more of a setup/intro for the next book in the series. Luckily I don't have to wait to get my hands on the next one.

All in all a very enjoyable read that ticked almost all of the boxes. Loved Drizzt and Guenhwyvar and looking forward to the next book in this series. 4.5 stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Homeland.

April 9, 2014 – Shelved
April 9, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
September 17, 2014 – Started Reading
September 19, 2014 –
0.0% ""The child's name is Drizzt!" breathed Matron Malice. \n O_o NOW you have my attention..."
September 20, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Markus Well, I guess this moved even further up my list. Dark elves are my favourite fantasy race anyway :)

Eon ♒Windrunner♒  Well then you're in for a treat! :)

message 3: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael Pang Not to familiar with Forgotten Realms, is this series a stand alone? Is there a series or book(s) I should read before this series? Thanks.

Eon ♒Windrunner♒  There are apparently many different series by different authors about the forgotten realms (it's a dungeons & dragons thing), but each series sounds more or less like it stands on its own.

The main character of this series (Drizzt) first appeared as a supporting character in the Icewind Dale Trilogy, but became so popular that he got his own prequel serious which is this one.

message 5: by Daniele (new)

Daniele The main character of this series (Drizzt) first appeared as a supporting character in the Icewind Dale Trilogy

He was one of the lead characters, he didn't play just a supporting role ;)